Wax upgrade

I currently use Zymol Creame wax on my Nimbus Grey car but it only has a few more coats left in it. I'm looking to order a replacement in the next month or so - any suggestions?

Have a look at the dodo juice range. Great quality and reasonable prices

Dodo juice mate or Victoria wax are the two more expensive upgrades, but theres loads of choice. Just depends what you want. Ask Russ on here, im sure he would be more than willing to help.

depends what your after mate dont forget wax really adds very little to the finish its all about the preparation of the paint underneath which makes all the difference!!

something like collinite 476 looks just a nice as say swissvax best of show on a really well prep'd car but costs 5x less! you would be hard pressed to spot any difference if they were side by side.

if you become a full paid member you will get discount from detailed obsession too...:wink:

Thanks for your email. Nimbus Grey is quite light, so you’d usually use products on it tinted for light colour cars. However, to deepen it up, you can use products more commonly suited to dark cars:

Polish – Poorboy’s Polish with Carnauba Blue

Glaze – Poorboy’s Black Hole

Wax – Dodo Juice Purple Haze

These will give you a great shine, and as much added depth as you’ll be able to achieve when working by hand on Nimbus.

Kind Regards,

Gareth

Sales and Purchasing

Sig2INUSE

www.detailedobsession.co.uk

Hi this is the advice past on to me hope it helps

Mate - since your car is Nimbus there is only one thing for you...

The Jeffs Acrylic Kit. It will blow away any wax that you use, I can assure you!

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-acrylic-kit-protect.html

This kit is perfection. I'm currently using it on my Albi 197 and my mate has it on his silver Civic Type R. Read up on it on Detailing World - nothing but good reviews and is relatively inexpensive. Very easy to use and the results are just incredible. Durability is out of this world too.

Cheers to everyone for all your advice. I will check out both products and also ask Russ what he recommends. Originally I wanted to go move up the Zymol range as they are what I have used for years, but after Creame and Titanium waxes the price hike is huge!

Cheers to everyone for all your advice. I will check out both products and also ask Russ what he recommends. Originally I wanted to go move up the Zymol range as they are what I have used for years, but after Creame and Titanium waxes the price hike is huge!

In my opinion Zymol isn't worth the money. If you are determined on a wax not a sealant then check out Victoria Concours. Far cheaper than the Majority of the Zymol range and the looks and durability are just as good if not better.

If you want a nice Zymol wax, then look at Glasur, as it really is superb and adds a great gloss and durability.

Ricky's suggestion of Vics Concours is a sound one too. If you want better durability, then look at a sealant such as Duragloss 111 or Zaino Z2.

Thanks to everybody for their advice. I have been doing a bit of research on here and Detailing World and in the end decided to buy a pot of Dodo Supernatural. It arrived on Tuesday so I can't wait to spend a day detailing the car.......sadly it won't be till next weekend tho as the Mrs has made plans for this one.......:worried:....:biggrin:

Quick update: did the car with Dodo Supernatural yesterday and I'm mega impressed with the results. I HD Cleansed the car to remove the old Zymol that was on before and gave it a good coat of Dodo and the results are amazing.

I would recommend Dodo Juice Supernatural to anyone with a Nimbus Grey 197 - it's stunning!!