Volvo Alloy Question

This is probably a stupid question but I know very little about alloy fitting.

I nearly bought a C30 before buying the 197 and fell in love with the Mestra alloys especially when sprayed in Black. (Pics Below) Thinking about having them as my winter set.

http://www.c30world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7633&stc=1&d=1241441870
http://www.c30world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7635&stc=1&d=1241441870
http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccpix/70314.JPG

Question is... will I be able to make them fit? Is the offset ok? And what about the centre bore because IIRC ours is 60.1?

Aluminum rim "Mestra" 7 x 17". PCD: 5x108, Offset: 52.5 mm, Accessory weight: 9.5 kg (20.9 lbs). Hub Bore: 63.4mm

Cheers Troopy

same stud spacing as 197. offset might require a spacer. hub would need a hub reducer but i have 1 question y go for a narrower wheel?

Lol for some reason it didn't even cross my mind that ours are 7.5x17 until you said! They are out the question then unfortunately!! Thanks for pointing it out, shame as I love them, wonder if I could get them in a larger size...

im sure a company will make replicas lol might take some searching thgh lol

will fit just fine.
mine are volvo wheels.

mine are 45 et though.
all you need are some spigot rings from ebay or any wheel place. for about £20 a set.

you may also need new locking bolts as the head on renault ones was to big to fit in the hole on my wheels. £10 ebay.

Thanks for the info Jase, Didn't realise yours are for Volvo's, are they 8x18"?

All I worry about is a narrower wheel... Fairly big implications on ride height, and the speedo possibly?

Been browsing the web and can get them made up as 7.5x17" but for far too much money! :worried:

EDIT:

If I used my standard 225/45/17 Tyres on a 7 inch rim what would be the implications in the smaller rim? I can't find any definitive pro's and con's, except for sharper turn in and less grip?

Last edited:
My summer wheels are Volvo's 7x17" 45et.
225 will be too wide but standard 215 fit just fine as that's what I was running last summer but now I'm running 195x45x17 eagle F1's. They have a little stretch to pull them away from the inner arch so I can go so low.

Have a look in the tyre and wheel section, there is a fitment guide that I posted.

My wheels that are for sale are also Volvo wheels. Mine are 7.5x17" 45 ET :wink:. I have 225 on them with no probs

They are a great price, perfect offset and the right size rim haha, but just not for me thanks Adrian, I fancy something a little different. Can't believe no one has given you an offer though, they would look great in black or dark anthracite!

I had the Atreus wheels on mine....

DSC_01170013.jpg
DSC_0029.jpg
DSC_0028.jpg

They are about £450quid EACH from Volvo lol! Look nice though, painted bits were a sort of light antracite and the faces were diamond cut.

Only thing with OEM Volvo wheels is they weigh an absolute ton, as said, the Mestra one is 9.5kg, my Speedline WITH tyre, im sure weighed in at around 10-11kg lol

I so nearly changed my 197 for a c30 after the attempted theft but the tiny tiny boot put me off.

The C30 is a fantastic car, i kind of regret getting rid of mine for some reasons. Took mine to Devon for a week and it was shear bliss, no back ache or anything and didnt stop once, so comfortable, and you can have a Dynaudio stereo system which is sublime!

You basically get a Focus ST but with Volvo luxury thrown in, plus i had an MTE remap that sent it from 230 to 270bhp lol just for plugging my netbook in for 15minutes! Sadly its nowhere near as fun to drive as the Clio unless your prepared to lob some serious money at the suspension. However, the T5 is the same engine as the Focus RS, and i have good recommendation that the RS turbo unit is simply a bolt on mod, it has a fully featured Bosche ME9 ECU and the Focus Revoknuckles in theory should just bolt straight on.... but as i said, it gets expensive very quickly, one good reason why i got rid of it. I was loooking at around 4grand just for parts to make it handle nicely, something the Clio does out the factory, and yes, they are very heavy, kerb weight comes in at about 1440kg lol, with a tank of juice and your good self your talking between 1550 and 1600kg!

But jase is right, the boot is awkwardly small! The Clio must have the best part of 3 times more loadspace in the boot alone.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions