Verdict after 2 months into ownership

To cut to the chase this little car has totally blown me away. Absolutely love it! It's so much fun to drive and I find myself looking for any excuse to take it for spin. Now I've got the mod bug and first purchase was a genuine cup spoiler which transforms the looks of the car giving it a more purposeful look. Next purchase was the custom privacy shades as mine did not have the tinted rear windows, great item as they simply clip into place and give it that instant tint look. Also on order is a RS badge for the front grill and some custom graphics for the side.
The looks this car gets amazes me and seems to hold a real presence on the road. Thank you Renault for building such a great little car! IMG_7008.JPG IMG_7105.JPG IMG_4225.JPG IMG_4228.JPG IMG_4220.JPG

Nice one Paul. Cool to see you go through your full buying experience live on the forum and then you ending up in something you really love.

They're absolutely fantastic cars, no doubt. The fun factor is through the roof.

And my word that looks CLEAN! Hats off to you mate.

You need a build thread!

Reactions: paul jennings
We've owned our cars for about the same time, Paul. But I'm in Australia and have experienced it in good weather, including some wonderful 'spirited' drives and a track day. Make sure you do this as the days get longer and warmer upover! It's not the fastest car I've owned (actually, I still have a M135i), but it is about the most fun since my Mk2 Cooper S.

Good write up Paul and great to hear that you're enjoying the car so much! I do think their rarity helps when it comes to getting admiring glances! They're so much fun and once you get out onto some good roads, they really do come into their own.

Thanks guys. Yes this car really has surprised me. I have a few favourite roads near me and as mentioned above these are not the fastest cars and have Iv owned more powerful cars but when it comes to the fun factor this is car puts a smile on my face every time. The chassis is incredible the way it handles the twisties and I find my confidence grows pushing it harder each time I drive it.
At the moment I can't fault it.

Future plans? Well when I bought it the intention was to to keep almost standard and just add a few oem parts. But I think you and I know that's not going to happen lol!

Paul

What are the rear privacy things you've got that clip in? I'm intrigued as my rear windows are plain glass too...

Company is called car shades if you google them. There custom made for each individual car so a perfect fit.
They simply fit with a single clip. Very easy and the quality is great. Highly recommend

Glad you're enjoying the car! These things are so surprising, the chassis makes for such a fun drive which makes you question the need for more power. Albi blue is such a great colour too!

Future plans? Well when I bought it the intention was to to keep almost standard and just add a few oem parts. But I think you and I know that's not going to happen lol!

Yes, I purchased a NA toy to keep things simple, with the "it has enough power, it's about handling" mantra....but temptation is a wicked thing.

Glad your happy with your purchase and enjoying the little rocket for what it is a fun machine!

That's a very shiney example too..Wax on wax off is strong in this one.

Reactions: ///M
IMG_4236.JPG
Glad your happy with your purchase and enjoying the little rocket for what it is a fun machine!

That's a very shiney example too..Wax on wax off is strong in this one.

I like to keep my cars clean probably spend more time cleaning them than driving them lol.

Couple of small jobs done today. Fitted the new RS badge to the front and replaced those rubber strips in the door shuts along the rear side window. Both very easy to do.

Exscuse the old reg plates they will be changed soon.

Paul

Yes, I purchased a NA toy to keep things simple, with the "it has enough power, it's about handling" mantra....but temptation is a wicked thing.

Your so right. Every time I get in mine this hidden side of me comes out. It's as if I was a racing driver in my previous life and I have to drive it like I stole it! Lol. I'm like some crazed nutter tearing around the b roads grinning from ear to ear.

Paul

Reactions: Timbo
Your so right. Every time I get in mine this hidden side of me comes out. It's as if I was a racing driver in my previous life and I have to drive it like I stole it! Lol. I'm like some crazed nutter tearing around the b roads grinning from ear to ear.

Paul

Glad to know im not the only one who feels like i need to wear a baseball cap backwards and drive like a hooligan every now and again. These cars do have that effect.....

My car was warmed up the other day when i came across a friend i've not seen for ages and who hadn't driven or even been in my car. I lobbed him the keys and said - "go show it who's boss" !

Apart from absolutely loving it - it inspired him to dig his R5-T out of the garage for the first time in years ! He then turned up at my work a few days later........

***Glad your loving yours and clearly made the right choice for you Paul :smile:

IMG_6216_zpse7qoj4xu.jpg

Great pic! I was always a ford guy in my youth from rs2000 to RS turbo's. I think that's what these clios have is that hint of the old hot hatches with there pretty basic looks but have that upgraded chasssis and engine but with this RS 200 it takes it to the next bloody level and beyond!

Paul

Paul

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Spot on! Luckily, there's a track not too far from me...otherwise...bye bye licence!

Looks like you're enjoying it, they're cracking little cars. I've not driven mine in nearly four weeks and I'm itching.

Clean plates will make a huge difference.