USB Port

Is this an option?

I specced up my car with the Tunepoint iPhone compatibility but the only aux connection I can visibly see is the Red/White phono. Is the USB port an optional extra that I've missed?

It's okay though as I can connect my phone and play music via Bluetooth but I'd have liked the USB port to plug a memory card in and leave it :smile:

I have the bluetooth option with upgraded h/u and the USB is there on mine, is this what you asked for ? think it was £280.

Where is the usb port then can you take me a picture?

I got the upgrade tunepoint pack with RS monitor yea it was around 400 extra!

I have the bluetooth option with upgraded h/u and the USB is there on mine, is this what you asked for ? think it was £280.

Agreed. Sounds to me like you have the upgraded headunit, but standard jack point. In mine (I have RS monitor too...) I have a USB and a 3.5mm jack behind the little door. On the car I test drove, which had the standard HU, it just had the red & white phono jacks behind the door.

Get back to the dealer!

Yup agree there, sounds like you have something missing especially if you paid £400.

What a load of ****, can they not do anything right :worried:

so it should basically be near the cup holder in the little flappy bit?

I only have white/red phono.

Jesus wept the dealers 250 miles away as well!!

Yep thats where it should be, I think I would be ringing RUK 08000 72 33 72 as its not worth a 250 mike trip for the dealer to do nothing!!

I'd imagine this can be sorted pretty easily, surely the connectors for usb are behind the actual plastic port that holds the connections?

Either way this is massively annoying, I thought my car was perfect! :worried:

I thought mine was too until I noticed the dust under the paintwork on my cup spoiler, which has been "repaired" today and made even worse. RUK are dealing with it now so fingers crossed.

Good luck with your USB, I would be calling RUK and asking why it got through the quality checks without it, not only at the factory but at the dealer too.

Had a quick response from the salesman I dealt with at the dealer

Evening Tom,

Part of the RS monitor option is the Bluetooth radio which comes with the multi-function Tunepoint, the Tunepoint is the USB upgrade element.

Yes your vehicle should have the USB instead of the red/white jacks.

If yours has been mistakenly built with the two jacks then i would need to confirm the required process with my service manager but unfortunately he has now left for the day, I am not here tomorrow so will need to confirm on Thursday.

It should be something that your local dealer will be able to rectify as it sounds like the feature has been incorrectly fitted in the factory.

Do you still reckon I should go through RUK Maz or save my time and let the dealer do the legwork?

I would go to RUK direct and ask them to do the leg work as a unhappy customer, they are responsible for the renault sport brand and need to know about these kind of mistakes IMHO.

They will sort it all out for you and come back to you with a soloution which should be of no distuption to you e.g provide you with a car if yours is in the dealership.. I was told there were none and had to manage without a car for 2 days when its RUK policy to provide a car in the first 12 months for warranty work etc.

Right I'll go to them tomorrow as the offices are now closed. I didn't expect an argument it's a 18k bit of kit which has failed some checks at the factory and dealership. Not on.

Tom, it's Adam from OcUK.

I'd be inclined to say let Andrew get back to you. He has been fantastic with me, my car went back in yesterday and he did everything he promised. It's an annoyance, but would 1 day make a difference? I have every confidence tat he'll sort you out.

Been speaking to Renault UK about this over the past few weeks. The parts have been confirmed, and I now have two options and I would like some second opinions from people here.

Basically I can get the USB port fitted and have it sorted and up to spec,

This will complete the pack

RS Monitor,
Bluetooth Headunit,
Tunepoint (USB)

They have given me another option after asking if this was possible of having a cheque for £150 (Cost of parts/fitting) sent out as a gesture of goodwill and an apology.

This will mean I won't have the tunepoint but obviously still have the other features of the pack (Bluetooth iPhone music/phone usage, RS Monitor) it will also mean a rubbish dealer isn't pulling my car to bits!

So shall I take the £150 or have usb fitted getting it up to the spec I ordered with?

Stuck.

They might be a very good dealership in terms of tech though? Just because the factory screwed the order, doesnt mean the garage are useless? Its an easy thing to overlook when checking a car out.

Is that your closest dealership?

Get the USB put in, worth it's weight in gold for charging iPhone, can also play your iPod through the stalks, browse folders etc. Plus when you come to get rid people will query it and may walk away. I would