Upper torque arm

F97FF8FF-5819-428E-9071-5E1B61C4B864.jpeg hi guys.have had the car back a few days now from getting several things done,oil,filter,full belt service,sump gasket,shocks replaced and something else they had to cut off to remove one shock and wheels refurbed and painted.
I’m noticing a knock if you come on and off the gas which sounds like it’s coming from exactly where the torque arm is which I didn’t really notice before works were done.if you grab the lump and pull back and forth I can see some movement on the big bush which bolts onto the side of the lump.ive ordered up a power flex replacement but am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this as I’m new to the 197 it’s done 127k on an ‘06 and apart from a lot of rusted and seized nuts and bolts etc it’s got a pretty good service history.it has I believe a ktec cat back system fitted 4 years ago but wasn’t fitted by ktec and I don’t think was fitted well, One receipt says exhaust rubbing on torsion bar and may have been sorted then,and the tech who did my works said cat is rattling but he didn’t take it off so how he knew that I’m not sure...help

I had a similar knock letting off the throttle when 5c or less, it was the upper torque arm. It can't hurt to try a poweflex bush as it's cheaper than a new arm. The trickiest part is getting the old bush out as there's a metal plate that holds it in, I tried to pry it off with pliers then wedged/knocked in a flathead screwdriver to pop it off. I had a lot of vibration through steering column on idle with the powerflex bush and eventually swapped for a new Renault upper mount. Keep an eye on the exhaust but it sounds well looked after and you've had a check up/lots of work done so enjoy.

Everything seems tight ragged it about today and wheels/suspension feels good how much is new arm from Renault?

I picked one up for £65 from Renault in June last year, that was trade though the full price is around £10 more. You can also get one from Poland (parts srs on ebay) or Renault Parts Direct for around £80. If you use RPD there's a forum coupon here for free delivery.

Replaced torque arm bush with power flex unit and the car feels and sounds transformed.old one I discovered when taking off was really bad the play in it was rediculous.tomorrow both bumpers and boot getting respray car is nearly straight now

Reactions: Rishi
Made massive difference the knocking I was getting inbetween gears and on/off gas was really bad totally gone now