Uneven Brake Pad Wear

Advice needed. I changed my rear brake pads 3 months ago and on checking them recently found that one half of the off side pads had worn down to the metal and ruined the rear disc. The 3 other pads still look nearly new! I have all the parts to change rear discs and pads again, however, i'm a bit weary whether to do this without further investigation as i dont want the new parts to deteriorate the same way.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Cheers,

Mac.:uk:

its possibly a sticking caliper piston/slider or the handbrake could be sticking/adjusted wrong

if you change the pads your best off slackening the handbrake and making sure the handbrake levers on the calipers return to the fully back position

fit the pads and make sure the auto adjuster in the piston takes up any travel and that the wheels rotate freely

now adjust the handbrake up to take out any excessive travel but making sure the wheels still rotate freely - 3-7 handbrake clicks usually does it

the handbrake cable adjuster is under the centre console - you have to take out a couple of screws (at the side of the rear of it) between the seats to lift it up to get to the locking nuts