#under8

gotta be more than 275 i'd say. I've said for a long time that it is said renault got the 265 Trophy round in under 8 in the days before setting the record.

A simple remap has seen mine to 314 so you'd like to think they will only need make a few tweeks...

300.R
Remap to 300BHP
Akrapovic system as standard
Ohlins suspension as standard
Odd bit of carbon for weight reduction
Michelin PS cup 2 as standard

Don't forget the watch lol

I'd go for 295 to leave room for 300 at a later date.

Time of 7:52

A simple remap has seen mine to 314 so you'd like to think they will only need make a few tweeks...

300.R
Remap to 300BHP
Akrapovic system as standard
Ohlins suspension as standard
Odd bit of carbon for weight reduction
Michelin PS cup 2 as standard

re-mapping a car after homologation easy peasy! doing it to meet euro5/6 emission regulations whole different ball game!

re-mapping a car after homologation easy peasy! doing it to meet euro5/6 emission regulations whole different ball game!

Indeed but 265 put out circa 280 so with the zorst it wouldn't need too much tweaking at a guess and if it's under X amount of cars produced does it not count?

Indeed but 265 put out circa 280 so with the zorst it wouldn't need too much tweaking at a guess and if it's under X amount of cars produced does it not count?

not sure but if it was "easy" to get out of it then there would be more doing "special" tuned motors....

the only way round it I think is doing it after its sold I think a bit like the evo fq cars

Would he cool. Must be easyish to get 400 out of a Meg? Unless it's as highly tuned like a 200 from factory.
Doubt it though as you can 50bhp from a simple map as people have said.

Something with that sort of power and handling of the meg would be insane as long as you could keep the power down.

Would he cool. Must be easyish to get 400 out of a Meg? Unless it's as highly tuned like a 200 from factory.
Doubt it though as you can 50bhp from a simple map as people have said.

Something with that sort of power and handling of the meg would be insane as long as you could keep the power down.

internals aren't that strong for that figure

So does this mean that Ohlins and Akropovic will be options available from the showroom or are Renault doing a 'Seat'

Will be interesting to see what happens. All this Seat bashing is funny, show me the rules of the ring and lap records, there aren't any! It's a marketing tool, which unfortunately will come to an end soon with the new Ring owners changing the use of the track.

Will be interesting to see what happens. All this Seat bashing is funny, show me the rules of the ring and lap records, there aren't any! It's a marketing tool, which unfortunately will come to an end soon with the new Ring owners changing the use of the track.

Interesting you say they are changing the use of the track..

Robertino Wild (Capricorn head tea maker) confirmed at a press conference that the Nurburgring will “basically go as it was before”, with the exception of the ‘disastrous’ amusement park, which is to be shut.. They are also committed to the German GP if it remains affordable.

Last edited:

Well at least having independent timing would be one thing, supposedly Renault had that but SEAT did not.

I thought the lap record was for a production FWD.. so when SEAT said they beat that with a car that wasn't production, I guess that's where the "bashing" came from?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dru Projects/Progress Threads 88
colt3003 Other Marques 21