UltraViolet Copies of Films

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Anyone collect these?

I bought the Dark Knight Trilogy at the weekend on BlueRay and it came bundled with the UV copies of the 3 films.

I thought this was just the same as the Digital Copies you sometimes get in some BluRay films. Turns out its not.

With Digital Copies you simply redeem the code in iTunes and it downloads the film. You can watch it in iTunes or in any other player for that matter.

UV copies turn out to be a total abortion of a system. You have to sign up to a website, then another, then link the 2 accounts, redeem your code then download the film. What a hassle eh? Well, its not finished yet. The bloody things can only be watched on a special player and cannot be watched in any other player.

So, anyone want my code for The Dark Knight trilogy on Ultraviolet?

Lol.

I can't download Bluray rips on our Internet connection (0.5Mbps) so have to buy.

Surely in glasgow your too drunk to watch it?

Just ask the others at the bar next time i'm sure they know how to get their hands on copies :thumbsup:

There is a graphic somewhere, a flow chart if you will of bought film vs downloaded or 'stolen' if you like. The basic gist of download (stolen) is you download and watch. The bought 'copy' is basically go shop, wait in queue ages, pay, go back home, unwrap, put in dvd player, watch film calling you a dirty thief (unskippable), watch trailers (unskippable). and then finally, watch the film..

i've got ill just reading the latter of that..............

TBH i tend to buy if i like and don't if i don't as i work shifts so its not always easy getting to the cinema, not to mention its a total rip off imo

NZB Matrix and uTorrent gets my vote

Just DL them. Whack them on my 1TB hard drive and stick into the back of my smart TV

Nothing but blueray of all my fave shows

Winna!

I only buy the ones I really like and download the ones that were ok but I dont need them on Bluray.

NZB Matrix and uTorrent gets my vote

Just DL them. Whack them on my 1TB hard drive and stick into the back of my smart TV

Nothing but blueray of all my fave shows

Winna!
NZB Matrix is now closed down looks like a lot more will follow