Ultra Red 200 Cup FF

wouldn't bother with spacers, eddie. the R26R wheels stick out 8mm further than the standard wheel and combined with a 'chunkier' AD08R, it sits fine now. is it a 215 or a 225 tyre?

Reactions: -Eddie-
wouldn't bother with spacers, eddie. the R26R wheels stick out 8mm further than the standard wheel and combined with a 'chunkier' AD08R, it sits fine now. is it a 215 or a 225 tyre?

I hadn't actually realised until fitted that the offset was different, I just knew the wheel was slightly wider. I'm running 225/40/18, that was the size on the wheels when they arrived so I just stuck to the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: peter
I'm running 225/40/18 ...

perfect size for an eight inch wide wheel. swithched to 225 myself, after the stock 215's were finished. 215's are a bit stretched on an eight inch wheel and i'm not really a fan of stretched tyres.

Nice build, slow and steady, I actually enjoyed these new wheels on it. Can't go wrong with red/black, timeless combo.

That looks immense, Eddie, loving the black and red theme, so so good! The carbon bits are a great addition, nice touch.

Thanks for all the comments guys! Really pleased with how it looks :smile:.

Because my tailgate is suffering from a small bit of corrosion I have pulled a favour from my old work colleagues in Renault warranty and will be having it replaced under the corrosion warranty.

It has left me thinking, along with the "what spoiler" thread, should I ditch the Cup spoiler for the Sprint spoiler.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Personally I do like both, I do have a couple of problems with the Cup spoiler and the main one is that it rubs on the aerial and causing damage to the paint.

I loved the Sprint spoiler on my 197 and I'm really thinking of going back down this route....

Reactions: Pav
Sprint looks nice, but if I was getting a new tailgate I'd go for the gt spoiler.
If yours is just getting resprayed then the sprint.

Sprint looks nice, but if I was getting a new tailgate I'd go for the gt spoiler.
If yours is just getting resprayed then the sprint.

Yeah I'm getting a new tailgate, I've been briefly reading about needing a specific tailgate to fit the GT spoiler?

Yeah I'm getting a new tailgate, I've been briefly reading about needing a specific tailgate to fit the GT spoiler?

The GT spoiler can be fitted to any tailgate by slightly modifying the spoiler mount that sits between the actual spoiler and tailgate.

The GT spoiler can be fitted to any tailgate by slightly modifying the spoiler mount that sits between the actual spoiler and tailgate.

Thanks!

That also throws the GT spoiler in to the mix then lol. Thought I don't want to look too Raider 'replica' with the GT spoiler and wheels! Though it isn't a bad look :wink:

Reactions: Sean197
Personally I do like both, I do have a couple of problems with the Cup spoiler and the main one is that it rubs on the aerial and causing damage to the paint.

A stubby aerial sorts that Eddie :wink:

I personally have days of hatred and love for the cup spoiler (more hatred days, than love).
I really like the Sprintspoiler, so that gets my vote.

I've always loved the cup spoiler, I've said this before but I don't think I would have bought my car if it didn't have it (I wasn't actually looking for a Clio specifically).. it's the aggressive look that it gives the car that I love and what made me buy the car!

Reactions: -Eddie- and Chris
Always preferred the cup spoiler myself. To me it says "sports car" more than the other spoilers.

Just had a read through Eddie, some great progress! I really like the r26r wheels and the gloss black goes really well with the red I'm tempted by the grams springs as well but that's way down my list of things to do!

Thanks for all the comments guys :smile: appreciate it!

Re the spoiler dilemma I really can't decide lol. The Sprint spoiler looks so good here;

3d31c9f8750b3670e8e8e2ec8f5c8eb6.jpg

It's just such a clean and good look!

Reactions: Jimmy and Sean197
Going to tackle removing the window tints this afternoon so long as the rain stays off. Hateful job! Anyone any tips to make it a bit easier? Lol