Ultra Red 200 Cup FF

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by -Eddie-, Jun 26, 2017.

1. -Eddie-

-Eddie- Missing In Action

Car:
    200 Cup
    Thank you mate for that link. Sound like a good option! Think I’ll just buy grey rear calipers (service exchange) from Renault and have them paint them. Will need to get all 4 done bronze for it to look the part! My fronts are in good condition, but I will either overhaul them or else but a used pair and have them do whatever needs to be done.

Can you remember the price you paid, even roughly? PM me if you prefer :smile:.

Cheers to the other guys for the comments!

Benno likes this.

2. -Eddie-

Car:
    200 Cup
    So after a few emails back and forth and a quote of circa £500 for the 4 calipers to be overhauled and refurbished in bronze I’ve decided to stick with red lol.

I am possibly going to go down the route of buying new from Renault (certainly on the rear calipers) as my staff discount is high enough and with the surcharge it makes the pair very cheap.

For some reason the paint on one of the rear caliperhas started to bubble, what could cause this? The previous owner never tracked the car and I haven’t either so they haven’t been overheated on track. I’m thinking that possibly one of them has seized, but then the car had its MOT check and passed with flying colours in March.

I also took advantage of a 10% discount code on eBay today and FINALLY ordered my stud / nut conversion. I have a week off booked for July so my plan is to get all 4 wheels off and a good clean in round the arches etc and fit the conversion kit then. Will look a hell of a lot better than the standard nuts and locking nuts.

3. -Eddie-

Car:
    200 Cup
    Decided to fit a couple of recent purchases this evening as I had a spare few hours and the weather was in my favour!

Firstly thanks the the guys over on the ‘Stud/nut conversion’ thread, especially @peter and @suj for their advice! The OEM wheel bolts just look nasty. I had been thinking of black TPI bolts but because I have a couple of sets of wheels and it makes life a bit easier! Couple of before and after photos;

88AA81FF-C1CF-4BA4-B25C-F1FF1C978707.jpeg

2127437C-CDEE-421E-8705-68DAC8931933.jpeg

Looks a bit tidier in my opinion! Ideally I’d liked to have cleaned and dressed the wheel arches but that will wait for another day :smile:.

I then finally get round to fitting the red stickers to the driver side skirt. Had the passenger ones on for a while. Here’s how they look;

A3D8919F-DFDF-4177-9120-FCA7E5989AF1.jpeg

Then I bought a nice custom oil cap from @Stephenvenning (think that’s his username!) so popped it on tonight also! Really cool and might motivate me to do something with the inlet manifold now too!

48DDF5AD-A655-4908-B565-6C1BD440E92A.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Mark_L, suj, matt9566 and 4 others like this.
  4. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
  5. peter

peter POTM Winner - February 2017 Gold Member

Car:
    RB7 #166
  6. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    On the subject of bubbling rear calipers, generally it’s a stone chip or a crack in the paint allows water underneath the coating and then a blister starts and eventually the paint just falls off, mine are like that and I’ve just bought some nice fresh red vht paint to redo them all with

-Eddie- likes this.
  7. Ocsltd

Ocsltd Paid Member

Car:
    Renaultsport Clio 200 (PW)
    After joining here recently, I have read your thread from start to finish. Love everything you have done, looks epic!! Look forward to more updates....

Pav likes this.
  8. -Eddie-

Car:
    200 Cup
    I can get them cheap enough as a service exchange unit through work already in red so will just go down that route. Surprised that it’s stone chips or cracks in paint that cause it, my front calipers are in good condition with just a slight mark where the pins have been removed in the past but there is no signs of any bubbling etc on them.

Thanks a lot! Updates will slow down a bit now but I’ll keep the thread updated with photos etc from time to time.

9. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    Rear calipers are cheaper generic cast vs the ally that’s used in brembos so I’d expect Brembo’s to weather a bit better

My rears are the same, dont weather very well!

10. -Eddie-

Car:
    200 Cup
    Yeah makes sense and to be honest i wouldn’t say they are that bad condition wise but it’s the type of thing that bugs me lol.