Ultra Red 197 FF

It will go through the hole if; A) You have small hands. B) You have BIG patience. :wink:

It's a right pain in the arse to be honest but it can be done... Next time you're bored and you've got a spare hour then give it a go. If you take the clamp off the trim and put that through first on it's own sort of turned at an angle then it'll go. I'd reccoment having an old cloth handy to put between the clamp and diffuser so you don't scuff the plastic as you're fiddling about. You WILL graze your knuckles though. :smiley:

TBH i just take the diffuser of, only takes 5 mins then its a lot easier to work with then.
And no scratched hands

Gets fitted by drilling 2 holes in the top of the boot lid and 2 a bit further down. then from the under side of the boot it get bolted into the spoiler.
Not a very nice feeling drilling into your own car tho.
Plus you only get one chance to get it right

that's not good!! especially as it will be removing some of the anti corrosion protection of the metal bodywork drilling through it leaving bare metal. I take it most people treat any bare metal with a decent zinc primer to stop any corrosion?

thanks for letting me know.

What paint did you use on the diffuser? I was going to do mine this weekend and realised the paint I bought shouldn’t be exposed to temperatures over 50 degrees (not sure how hot the exhaust gets in that area). Have you had any issues with paint bubbling near the exhausts?

that's not good!! especially as it will be removing some of the anti corrosion protection of the metal bodywork drilling through it leaving bare metal. I take it most people treat any bare metal with a decent zinc primer to stop any corrosion?

thanks for letting me know.

yep then repainted the holes with red paint, all has been good so far.
Even if you get them fitted from new they will do the same thing

What paint did you use on the diffuser? I was going to do mine this weekend and realised the paint I bought shouldn’t be exposed to temperatures over 50 degrees (not sure how hot the exhaust gets in that area). Have you had any issues with paint bubbling near the exhausts?

You can use any type of paint, mine is not heat proof and its be absolutly fine, even now with the bigger exhaust on its sits closer to the diffuser, and still is fine.

Just make sure you use a plastic primer, prior to painting it.
Learnt from my mate painting directly over his black bumpers on his clio to colour code them.
Driving down the road and he noticed in his rear view mirror all the paint from his bumpers lol

Love the progress mate looks amazing!! My 197 is red aswell and there's so much what you have done which I now want on mine. Are your wheels powder coated?

What trims did you use pal? Was gonna get the RS ones but they look like McDonald's straws.

Had a few people ask about these.

They are these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-CLIO-MK1-2-3-MK3-TAIL-PIPE-EXHAUST-TRIM-TIP-/150666280380?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item231468fdbc#ht_2987wt_1193

But they take a bit of hammering and hacksawing to get them on, as they are slightly smaller than the standard cut slash exhaust pipes.

Love the progress mate looks amazing!! My 197 is red aswell and there's so much what you have done which I now want on mine. Are your wheels powder coated?

Thanks for the comments. Love how my car looks now.

No, my friend who owns a wheel refurbishment company and he did them.
and they don't do powercoating.