TYRES - What should I get next ?

Glenn_Adam_Doble

Winner - POTM May 2018, June 2018
Platinum Member
Need some suggestions for the raider

Had the Bridgestone re050a’s for a number of years as they where the factory fit tyre, but found they went off quite bad half way through there life

So recently moved to Conti sport contact 5’s which are great,

But just wondering if there is anything else out there worth a punt

I’m after 215/40/18 that will have a decent amount of life in it, as it’s sort of a daily so want at least a year out of the tyres

Don’t need anything track focused ie ad08r, r888r ect as I have a dedicated track car

Just something that will inspire confidence pretty much to the last MM of tread

Budget no issue

From what I've been told, AD08r are just as good on the road as they are on track! Set being delivered tomorrow so will get them on mine and have a play with them.

What Clio do you have I've used Goodyear as2 they are now near the markers they still grip well even in wet but now pulling out of junctions I'm getting wheel spin I was wandering about as3's but have ordered pilot sport 4's I'll see if they last longer than they say. I have a set of r26 wheels and from this will decide what tyres I'll fit the them when they are refurbished for the 197.

I've std non cup suspension std springs std ride height I think it's important to declare this when talking about tyres as setup can make a bad tyre seem good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don’t come in my fitment unfortunately.

correct. but they do come in 225/40 18. got them on my car. got them in 225, because i think 225's look better on an 8 inch wide wheel. not a fan of the 'stretch look'.

no complaints. great street tyre.

correct. but they do come in 225/40 18. got them on my car. got them in 225, because i think 225's look better on an 8 inch wide wheel. not a fan of the 'stretch look'.

no complaints. great street tyre.

Hmm it depends if they have rim protectors on the tyres as 225 look a little clumpy with them imo that 10mm just takes the edge off, it’s not like I’m putting 195’s on [emoji23]

Following this avidly now I have 4 different bands of tyres on my car :oops:

Wouldn't the 225 mess with the speedo?

Currently running 215/45 on the front and 215/40 on the rear. Would like a bit more rim protection, any contact with the curb at all causes major marks on my wheels atm...

P.s. got the standard 17" wheels

Last edited:
Matter of opinion just like my stretch

fair enough. each to their own, i guess. just trying to be of help.

If you want the legit size that was originally meant for the interlagos you should go for 235 as per the r26r

belgian mot is quite strict when it comes to tyre/wheel combinations. 225 is allowed. 235 is not. plenty of wheel/rim size calculators out there. lots of them, if not all, show an 8 inch wheel as the recommended wheel size for a 225 section tyre.

but don't let that stop you going for a 215. after all, our cars came with that size from the factory.

I personally won't be buying the ASY3s again. Not impressed with them one bit if i'm honest. I'd go with the Contisport 5s.