Twizy F1

Purely epic

http://www.renault.co.uk/business/about/category/6/newsnumber/cccca990-e57a-4eb2-9171-3254d9c5b986/newsitemdisplay.aspx

CHR1560_full.jpg

CHR1559_full.jpg

They should so get rid of pit mopeds and use these..

Lol... I wouldn't call it epic. All show and no go.. If I put some F1 wings on my Clio people would call me a Muppet.....

Am I being too cynical. :wink:

Lol... I wouldn't call it epic. All show and no go.. If I put some F1 wings on my Clio people would call me a Muppet.....

Am I being too cynical. :wink:

When the KERS is activated, Twizy Renault Sport F1’s power output climbs instantly six-fold, from 17 to 97 horsepower (72kW). This boost is available for approximately 13 seconds, just as it is in the case of a Formula 1 car. Thanks to this additional power, the concept car is capable of accelerating from standstill to 62 mph in the same time as Mégane Renaultsport 265.

You are being too cynical :wink:

I can't help but it will be incredibly frustrating after those 13 seconds of KERS. It would be like going into limp home mode.

So the kers in an F1 car gets its power from regenerative braking when the F1 car that's doing 180mph slows down. I would imagine that at the twizzys 40 mph I guess it will take all day to recharge

So the kers in an F1 car gets its power from regenerative braking when the F1 car that's doing 180mph slows down. I would imagine that at the twizzys 40 mph I guess it will take all day to recharge

its supposed to do but some of the power from the normal motor is used to help charge the kers system :sleep:

1 big stop can fully recharge the battery's. if harvesting is in extreme mode however.

Probably take about 4/5 medium stops to get it fully charged in this.

One question though...

Why?

Or are they experimenting with hybrid technology for a forthcoming Alpine sports car?

More than likely. I read recently they were pretty serious about bringing that Alpine concept that was floating around recently in to full production. It would make sense to have a tie-in with the KERS tech they've been developing for F1.

I don't think it's a death trap!! Can't be too bad as Ragnotti (guy who drives the old 5 turbo) wasn't wearing a helmet. I doubt it could fall over with wide slicks on it!!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
clewsey Spotted 9