Tutuur's Big turbo Clio R27

Hows it driving buddy ?

Drives awesome mate, torque comes in a bit late to my likings though, 380nm at 3800rpm right now. It does come in really gradually though, which means it grips second gear no problem!

It's lovely not having the power drop to redline, that's what i hated about my last setup!

Sadly the dyno is closed for the next few weeks but i'm on the edge of the injectors and fuel pump anyway so going to change them first, recalibrate and then try some more boost :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate
Drives awesome mate, torque comes in a bit late to my likings though, 380nm at 4000rpm right now. It does come in really gradually though, which means it grips second gear no problem!

It's lovely not having the power drop to redline, that's what i hated with my last setup!

Sadly the dyno is closed for the next few weeks but i'm on the edge of the injectors and fuel pump anyway so going to change them first, recalibrate and then try some more boost :smile:

Yea,yea - could be seen as a good thing in some ways i guess. Traction is always the issue with those sort of numbers. Im guessing !

Are you aiming to lower peak torque now then.....?

Good luck with bigger pump and injectors. Its going to be an utter Monster !

I'm not quite sure but I like it. Here's my other :wink:

:chris2:

And this is jimmys, notice the theme with each other's...

:jimmy:

"Gentleman - chose your weapons" !

You're like a character out of COD Chris :smile:

Arrrrrrrrr.......look at Jimmy's : the little ray of sunshine he is.

Reactions: Jimmy
Got boost threshold a bit better in the meantime, still plenty of work to do though. Spent most time perfecting fuelling and finding out i maxxed the fuel pump/injector combo. With a few more degrees of ignition it could probably make some more power but nothing shocking probably.

Next up is 875cc injectors and DW200 fuel pump. After perfecting ignition on .6 and 1 bar i can then proceed upping the boost :smiley:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Maxxed out the 225 fuel pump so fitted the DW200 pump, no more fuel pressure dropping from 6000rpm on so i could finetune fuelling and ignition.

Next result is on 0,55bar (actuator pressure):

36670156942_a6da734702_c.jpg

And on 1,1bar peak, 1 bar constant:

36444290110_031582c14a_c.jpg

Still on open loop boost control so boost curve leaves a bit on the table to improve!

Next step is fitting 875cc injectors and trying out the max of the BW medium actuator!

Reactions: Pav
Hahahah, it sat on my parents deive for that week as i was away for work.

It álso has all the basic mods yeah:french:

What car do you own?

Hahahah, it sat on my parents deive for that week as i was away for work.

It álso has all the basic mods yeah:french:

What car do you own?
I currently drive a Racing Blue 172, which is for sale on marktplaats. Im looking at several Renault Sports as a replacement. Mostly 197's. Won't be as extreme as yours tho, lol. Probably a similar (or slightly better) setup as my 172. (Basicly fast road setup, maybe some semi slicks added in there)

Bit of a long due update but been kinda busy with the car last week! Also decided to make a flickr account to be able to post some pictures again after the photobucket debacle.....

I had some annoying teething issues which showed up on the last moment. Had to remove the fuel tank again and also the fan didn't seem to be working properly. After having those sorted i took it for a 200km round trip to and from work. During this she performed faultless so i was confident it should do the 1000mile round trip to FCS aswell.

A few pictures shot at the event:

View attachment 110265

View attachment 110266

Tbh i found FCS pretty dissapointing, been there a few times in the past but this time round the organisation was horrible! better be doing an other event next year!

On a positive note though, i got invited to do a photoshoot for the PFC magazine, sadly it won't be a cover feature as their policy is not too cover foreign cars.....

View attachment 110267

So what is the current, technical, setup of the car:
Megane 250 engine which covered 80kkm, incl megane 250 throttle body (+ boost hose adaptor made by Ste_R26)
Borg Warner EFR 6758 turbocharger on a T25 tubular manifold + all connections custom made by me
R26 gearbox with R26.R clutch and SMF
Fully handmade 3" turbo back with loudvalve
Megane 250 intank 550kpa fpr and megane 225 pump (temporarily), std injectors for now.
Airtec 95mm FMIC, modified because of bad fitting on Clio
Forge hardpipekit also modified because of bad fitting on Clio
Handmade 2,5" stainless inlet tube with Ramair filter
Oil catchcan
upfront new Megane 250 cup brakes and at the rear new Original brakes, fitted with DS2500 pads alround
Motul RBF600 brake fluid

In the ecu i've changed the fuel injection so it accounts for the rising rate fpr at the rail, knocked up base map for fuel injection itself to get me to and from FCS in a short notice.
Ignition map loaded with a meg 250 one, slightly altered to make up for the missing vvt.
Boost duty set to zero so i could drive it around without having too much risk of overboosting considering i haven't properly mapped it yet.

Hopefully i'll be able to put it on the dyno next saturday to properly dial in the part throttle maps, maybe, just maybe i'd have enough time to do some boost mapping aswell :smiley:

Hi mate,

Awesome build, been reading through, the attention to detail is epic!

I noticed you used the meg 225 pump temporarily with the 5.5bar reg?

Has there been any issues? The reason that I ask is I am running a megane 225 fuel pump & 3.5 bar reg on the fuel rail, which I will use with rising rate and return to the top of the fuel pump.

It is running fine without rising rate, but at mapping I will hook up the vac line, so effective pressure could be up around 5bar when mapped using rising rate.

This is to keep standard 225 injectors (480cc I believe) and only around 260-280 bhp

197 Meglio Racer ! http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-track-sprint-car-cup-racerified-and-now-boosted.53560/