Tuning problem or?

Hey everyone!

I recently had cams 402 installed, ported/polished inlets and RST remote remap, and some strange things happened since then. I was at dyno test today and will share some before/after results, but please before continuing with reading, check out my other thread/problem since few days ago:

http://www.clio197.net/threads/car-turns-off-by-itself.57655/#post-659617
- in this thread I explained some wierd idle behavior and car turning off randomly in idle.

So before, I only had K&N panel filter, Akrapovic evolution and remap.

After, a month ago, catcams 402 were installed, inlet ported and polished, RST remote map made.

On both dyno tests I used 100 octane fuel:

Corrected Power:
139,6 kW / 189,8 bhp (Before)
139,7 kW / 190.0 bhp (After)

Engine Power:
147,7 kW / 200,8 bhp (Before)
139,2 kW / 189,3 bhp (After)

Wheel power:
107,2 kW / 145,8 bhp (Before)
102,9 kW / 139,9 bhp (After)

Torque
197,6 Nm / 145.7 ft.ib (Before)
198,1 Nm / 146.1 ft.ib (After)

Here are the dyno results for Before / After. Tests were made on same roller (the "before" was made in mid Feb this year), so the printouts are a bit different only because the layout design/logo changed a bit, so pls ignore that).

BEFORE:

U03Yep.jpg

AFTER:

o9P62O.jpg

OVERLAP
(I didn't yet get the email with dyno result PDF so I overlapped the printed/scanned version of After and Before).

Stronger visible lines = AFTER

iCoXFO.jpg

I did test the car on real road and noticed a bit of better response on mid range and high revs, nothing much but still (and rev limiter is moved from 7500 to 7800rpm), and I am aware from other people's experience that these mods will not transform the car completely but still, the link I pasted here on the beginning of this thread and also dyno printouts are strange.

On paper also, which I know the figures should not be taken into consideration strictly, but still... same rollers before/after with drop figures confuses me. I would expect at least 5-10hp and 5-10Nm added to peek power.

I have read a lot on cams on this forum, but I would like anybody's input/experience on this, why the car idle strange behavior, why random idle engine turn off, why dyno tests is almost the same curve as before and peek powers are dropped...

I am aware that outside temperatures can influence readings but in that garage the air is a bit colder and also the corrections are made while dyno-testing etc. There might be tyre pressures or fuel and one million other things that would affect, but I kept all as similar as possible.

There might be cam-timing problem? The mechanic used the timing-kit and map was made by Paul at RST remotely. Graph looks ok but with all these mods I would expect it to be a bit higher overall. Or sensor problem, maybe remote-map? Filter? :smiley:

Will check with my mechanic tomorrow and try to discover what this is all about but I would appreciate any feedback you can give.

Thanks!

Did the mechanic who installed the cams and timing belt kit use the correct timing tools?

As far as I know, he used all correct tools and done the cams 402 installation several times with no problems. But my knowledge and insight overall is too poor.

Also there is temperature difference, 10'C higher temperature on "After" dyno test. Forgot to mention that regarding dyno tests..

What should be approx expected marks, taking the "Before" values into consideration in this case? 200 hp (corrected power) and 210Nm (155 ft.ib) torque?