Trophy pad change with MrPinks pins

M

Mentalpen

So done a full pad change as there were a little low, [MENTION=2479]mrpink[/MENTION]s pins are miles better!

New front Renault/brembo/ferodo pads

mede6e7y.jpg

Rears are Renault/ferodo

pugynevu.jpg

MrPinks pins

megypegy.jpg

Fronts came out and had seen better days, pads are less than 6 months old!

uve9e6av.jpg

uvybehyn.jpg

MrPinks pins in position

bytyjy7u.jpg

Rears out, not looking as bad tbh after around 9 months of use

zy7y3ana.jpg

Most importantly a lovely spread of colour on the pads after bedding them in correctly!

7amupany.jpg

uqudyra7.jpg

Might be worth doing mine before the ring, if i do a track day wit Paul at the end of March then I certainly will (not sure if i;ll do it or not though)

Looks good, just be careful of the R-Clips in the new style pins. Mine seized and required a bit of persuasion to come back out again, I dipped them in copper slip before putting them back in this time.

Great guide pal:thumbsup:

hardly a guide as much as there is confusion over who make the pad. Although i'm sure i've done a proper guide before.

Might be worth doing mine before the ring, if i do a track day wit Paul at the end of March then I certainly will (not sure if i;ll do it or not though)

Do both fronts and rears at the same time if i were you unless paul can remember when he last did the rears, most important thing is go and bed them in!

Looks good, just be careful of the R-Clips in the new style pins. Mine seized and required a bit of persuasion to come back out again, I dipped them in copper slip before putting them back in this time.

yeah i copper slipped them too and the pins, pads and hubs as well as the plates the rears sit on.

I used yellow stuff when i changed mine, never using standards again.

They have changed the compound mate, they offer a very good on track performance to heat ratio imo. I've tried a number of pads and ended up going back to oem.

Have they? First ive heard of it. My original set squeeked and the compound dropped out the one of the backing plates on the rear.

Yes it was changed for the mk3 meg in mid 2011 iirc and then again in summer 2012 iirc