197: Trip to K-tec

Lukesaxby

Platinum Member
Looking forward to going to K-tec racing on Thursday as they will be fitting a Maxogen induction kit and Dyno remap, I will post my before and afters when I get back.

Anyone else got a maxogen

Yeah you'll love it mate sounds really grunty not over the top but as soon as bury your foot theres a very distinctive roar. Some talk of loss of power but the noise alone would make up for that. But there was someone on here who tested one and it gained power. Either way im happy with mine.

They believe 12 to 14 hp gain but I have no idea what mine is at the minute as this is the first car I'm gana have mapped. Il let you know on Thursday.

They seem pretty sure that I will not make a loss with the kit

They believe 12 to 14 hp gain but I have no idea what mine is at the minute as this is the first car I'm gana have mapped. Il let you know on Thursday.

you wont lose, you will gain mate its great setup tbh aceleration is quicker car pulls more and the growl is phenominal can be heard a mile away

your car won't lose power with the maxogen mate especially once its mapped to suit as i have one,you'll never really know what gains its given you though as you'd have to have the car mapped with the standard airbox on then mapped with the maxogen on so you can see the difference,if you gain 12-14bhp from a map and filter you'll have done very very very well,most on here will tell you that you won't see them gains from these 2 mods,ktec are ment to be pretty good but some say there rollers over read,i'd say 190bhp would be a good figure,hope you get what you want but just thought i'd let you know what most people achieve so your not disappointed if you don't get big gains

Well they are going to run my car first to see what it's putting out with my normal box, itg panel filter and no map.

Then whilst on the rollers they are goin to fit the maxogen, remap it and then see my gains.

I requested for this to be done so I can see the difference, see what happens

Let us know mate. I was tempted to go for the maxogen as well but decided to wait till ktec releases their own induction kit for the 197/200.

Ive got similar plans for the remap by them but instead of the ITG im going for the Milltek Exhaust system, although now im tempted to get the maxogen as well, after hearing your views.

Well change of plans guys, I thought bigger it, I'm having the Maxogen kit, KTR Pro Performance Cat Back Exhaust and remap now tomorrow morning so il keep you posted