Trip Computer display issue

Just this evening I noticed my trip computer display was looking a bit faded. As I got home I tried turning the ignition off and on a few times, some tapping and knocking around the display didn't fix it. Nothing really seemed to help.
At one point I gently knocked from the top of de dash and all of a sudden it got even worse, all text disappeared.

I assume there is a loose connection somewhere in the electronics? Or perhaps something to do with one of the fuses? I found a couple of old threads here about similar problems, but I couldn't find a real fix for it as they seem to have solved it with a knock.
So do any of you know where I should look to fix this? Or am I better off taking it back to the dealer?

Cheers,
Bram

On a 197 I wouldn't expect it to be under warranty so for me that would rule out the option of a dealer. If it was a fuse then I wouldn't expect it to work at all, more likely to be a faulty unit or a loose connection.

That's most likely the issue I think. Any idea where I should start looking for such a loose connection?
I'm hoping somewhere relatively reachable, disassembling and reassembling the whole dash doesn't seem like a fun job to me to be honest.

Sounds obvious, but there is a wheel that turns the illumination up of the display, its where the traction button is, that bank of buttons.

Not patronising, just something you could have missed.

Today I tried knocking on top of the dash once more, and luckily the display popped back on. I'm happy it works again, I guess this is all part of the French car experience?
BTW, if there still is someone who knows where the actual connector problem may be, I'd love to hear where I should look if it were to happen sometime in the future.

Anybody got a fix for this issue? Got the same problem as this when I tap it on top of the cluster it gets better/worse, definitely a dodgy connector as the backlight is on but the display just gets dim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your tapping it on the unit, that suggests it's the connection to the unit itself. Take it off, have a look at the actual connected, might be obviously loose or damaged.