Trader Status Hows It Work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to ask how you get Trader Status ?

Can anyone just offer group buys without indicating any prices or how many people are required for certain level of discounts ?

Do you actually have to have a 'company' as in proper registered business ?

Does the Forum do any checks or monitor people who have Trade Status ?

I'm just interested in organising a group buy on ANYTHING, once I know how many people want ANYTHING I'll then work out some prices and discounts. Alternatively if there is little interest I'll just let the thread die.

:smiley:

I think you can organise group buys within reason. Like, for example, if you keep organising TDF (for example!) GBs there could be an issue.

If you mix it up, show no particular bias and generally operate in the interest of the forum, I dont think there will be an issue.

Don't get me wrong fella - but just use your common sense / judgement. If there's an issue, we'll say - you won't just get instantly banned lol. As long as we're all reasonable adults that communicate properly (which you clearly are. :smile: ), then I'm sure there wont be any issues.

Last edited:
What about if everyone posted there next 5 upgrades in a thread? Then where several people are looking to buy the same things, we can team up.

Sounds like a good idea dude.

As for monitoring traders - the management here are quite astute and are aware of traders going ons and history on other forums, etc.

it was sarcasm really lads but cheers anyway.
If there were rogue traders the management will deal with them fairly and accordingly. Don't you worry. Things don't go unnoticed and rash decisions can't be made, despite what we want to do - everyone has to have a fair chance. :wink:

If people want to try organise a GB then that's fine but if there isn't enough interest and the thread dies then that isn't the staff's fault and the thread will stay incase interest builds again.
The problem starts when people try organising something for their own gain.

Thanks Jase but I think people know what this is all about really and whilst this Forum doesn't do anything about it, it would seem you condone their actions.

I don't follow you. PM me with any concerns and I'll see if I can shed some light.

Thanks Jase but I think people know what this is all about really and whilst this Forum doesn't do anything about it, it would seem you condone their actions.

I guess I now know what you mean and tbh I'm not impressed. :worried:

Sorry is that with me ?

If it is I've only ever tried to help people on here and even offer Free HPI checks to Members. I've been a member on various Forums over the years and I'd like to think that most of them could work together to protect their members especially when you charge for membership as most do.

I find it ethically wrong what is going on here but its a great Forum and I don't really know how people would feel if it happened to them on here and they hadn't been informed of the situation.

I haven't mentioned any names or started any ranting posts just a bit of sarcasm really.

Oh if it not me forget all of the above :001_rolleyes: well you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I'm speaking up for Shurm as I agree 100% with what he says and I know what he is referring too. Its not ethical and its not professional business practice.

Events that have taken place offline are not good for all concerned. My concern as a trader its that it discredits all of us and therefore has a negative effect on our legitimate business.

I could hazard a good guess as to what this is about and if it is what I think it is then there's things that could/should be said to protect members. But as it isn't my place to do that and I have no interest in causing trouble (which it can often create if/when you point some certain things out) I've kept shtum as have (I'm guessing) a few others who are privvy to some certain background information.

Jase I'm happy to tell you what I'm on about via PM if you wish and then you can see if it's the same issue that Shurm is concerned about. If it isn't the same issue then there might be another issue...

Of course I may also have just read too much into this and I might be on about something else altogether... What you talkin' 'bout Willis!?! :smiley:

""I'm speaking up for Shurm as I agree 100% with what he says and I know what he is referring too. Its not ethical and its not professional business practice.

Events that have taken place offline are not good for all concerned. My concern as a trader its that it discredits all of us and therefore has a negative effect on our legitimate business.""

Thanks for that pal, people just need to be re-assured that sometime in the future they will be sorted out. That can easily be done with some basic communication which no one is getting.

Once its all sorted happy days and everyone can put it behind them and move on. I'm not advocating drastic measures but until some people get answers I can't see that doing business on here helps anyone.

Can I just say well done to someone for sorting some refunds out.

Glad it's turned out this way and I hope you get back on your feet asap.

That would be me ha. Thanks for your kind words. I always fully intended to sort it, just had the odds stacked against me.

I can understand people thinking what they did but those that know me from old know I'm alright really ha.

I owe a few of you a beer at some point!

Status
Not open for further replies.