Tractor Boy

Don't suppose theres a chance you could weigh one for me is there? :smiley:

Yeah hang on, I'll just pop a wheel off, take it down to Kwik-Fit, get them to take the tyre off, bring it back home, weigh it, take it back to Kwik-Fit, get them to refit the tyre, argue with the manager about the shite service, bring it back home and refit it...

Luckily for you, I weighed them before they were fitted. 7.7kg mate :smiley:

Last edited:
Fookin r27s are the dogs nads aren't they :smile: lol

Pretty much mate. Biased as hell of course but we chose this car for a reason. Could have had a Raider or any of the other Mk3 specials. Or a turbo car for that matter but it has to be NA for thrills. Wouldn't mind a 182 Trophy but overall the R27 is a better car, and we've got it pretty well set up now.

Used to have a Trophy number 380 but sold it around 4 year back with 32k on it and immaculate. Wish I still had it locked away! Would be worth very good money now. Hindsight it a wonderful thing! lol

Reactions: Cossers
:smiley:

Speediness are HEAVY that's all I can say!

Car was noticeably more light-footed when we put the OZ on compared to the OEM 197 rims too.

My spine turned to dust lifting my speedlines on. 7.7kg is a decent weight saving.

This car is looking the absolute nuts on that ride height and wheels! Works perfectly with RB.

I've been lusting after bronze wheels for mine (I used to fit bronze TE37's to just about every car in Forza!) as I think it would work well with LY - but would likely look a bit pants I think on stock rims :worried:

Used to have a Trophy number 380 but sold it around 4 year back with 32k on it and immaculate. Wish I still had it locked away! Would be worth very good money now. Hindsight it a wonderful thing! lol

Yep, high money now. They'll just be collectors editions from here on. But hey, it's at that point where you may as well just buy a 182 and spunk a load on Ohlins if you want to drive it.

This car is looking the absolute nuts on that ride height and wheels! Works perfectly with RB.

I've been lusting after bronze wheels for mine (I used to fit bronze TE37's to just about every car in Forza!) as I think it would work well with LY - but would likely look a bit pants I think on stock rims :worried:

:smile: Thanks a lot Rich. Really happy with it all.

I'll be honest and say the first thing I looked for when I started researching wheels was Rays but there are so few fitments. Hence all the copies no doubt. Couldn't run copies myself so that's that. My dream wheels for this car would be the RE30 though. The Clio looks so good with a bit of dish.

And for absolute certain, yours would look ridiculously good on TE37s. Only thing left to do to your car is a set of properly badass wheels surely? It's got everything else.

I felt the difference going from stock 197 wheels to speedlines so I can imagine the difference you felt was night and day.

Let me put it this way, you know all the stuff we had done to the car, driving back from picking it up, the first thing I did when I got a clear straight wasn't put my foot down (I know the cars aren't fast! :smile: ) I just steered side to side grinning at how light-footed it felt :smiley:

Reactions: kevlar
yeah they'd look good for sure (had to google which ones they were mind!) but I reckon the Ultra's have them licked still.
All those sort of jap wheels though look way better with dish, not sure the Clio lends itself well to that unless you majorly screw with the offset.

I can't justify the money on wheels tbh, I settled on 2 sets of 200 rims as they are the lightest oem ones and didn't cost much to get another set. Perhaps when there is nothing else to do, which is getting closer I guess, but there is a fair amount left still. I sat in some Tillett's at Autosport....much want!! Trouble is as I found with the fixed Recaros I had, no rear access with buckets and so if I do those then I better also do a rear cage to justify why it's a 2 seater :smile:

Your car is looking spot on Mes. What happened to standard? Tasty mods none the less.

Ha haa, that was Mrs M, not me, I'd have modded it immediately if she'd have let me! We won't go mad though, OEM+ is the plan. Just needed a set of wheels.

:smile: Thanks Colin. Will we ever get to see yours out in the wild?

yeah they'd look good for sure (had to google which ones they were mind!) but I reckon the Ultra's have them licked still.
All those sort of jap wheels though look way better with dish, not sure the Clio lends itself well to that unless you majorly screw with the offset.

I can't justify the money on wheels tbh, I settled on 2 sets of 200 rims as they are the lightest oem ones and didn't cost much to get another set. Perhaps when there is nothing else to do, which is getting closer I guess, but there is a fair amount left still. I sat in some Tillett's at Autosport....much want!! Trouble is as I found with the fixed Recaros I had, no rear access with buckets and so if I do those then I better also do a rear cage to justify why it's a 2 seater :smile:

That's the thing Rich, I think the Clio can look amazing with a bit of dish, only needs a little, but once I started looking in earnest, it was clear that Ultraleggera were pretty much our only choice.

Tillett seats in your car would really be a show stopper. Not a cheap do by a long way but epic weight saving and my GOD they look good. I guy I know has just put some in his Exige, they really are fantastic.

And yep, I really feel your dilemma. I'm at a similar stage with the BMW. It's either a built motor or a full on weight saving job. One is frighteningly expensive and the other is taking the car away from what it is meant to be and pushing towards being a proper track car. I have a pretty sizable mod fund just sat there doing my head in. Trying to stay sensible is rarely easy!