Tractor Boy

Glad that you had a good weekend away Mes - what a car for a booze cruise :smile: looks really, really nice with those wheels and suspension!

Still too much arch gap :wink: Looking forward to a fly-by vid!
Where's my Gueuze????

A few photos from our trip to Belgium as promised. Great weekend, car performed really well, even when full of over €200 worth of beer on the way home! :smile:

308ulv4.jpg
24nkwaa.jpg
2r6jv5i.jpg
4zz0xi.jpg

€200 of beer, that's the new shocks knackered then! :smirk: Glad you had a good time. Car looks great!

Reactions: peter
Looks great. How did you find the ride quality with the new Bilsteins?

We knew our trip to Belgium would be a good test for the ride quality. Our usual route to our friend's brewery is via some really TERRIBLE parts of the N8 and generally the roads around where he lives are in a pretty poor state. Basically the roads are built in slabs that aren't perfectly flat so every few metres you fall onto the next slab. CRAP.

Suspension coped REALLY well. Yes, it's bloody stiff, but I think it generally rides better than the AST set up on the BMW. Next time I know I'll think about winding them back a bit though but only because I know those roads are bad.

Bottom line, still VERY happy.

Glad that you had a good weekend away Mes - what a car for a booze cruise :smile: looks really, really nice with those wheels and suspension!
It coped admirably being the booze slag for the weekend! :smiley: Fit a hell of a lot in there and it still felt like it was handling it well too :smile:

Thanks Jimmy.

Bellissimo! What beer did you bring back mate? Fosters or Carling? :tongueclosed:
Grazie mille Ben! And no, half Fosters and half 4X... and a pointy stick to poke myself in the eye with each time I even think about drinking one :smiley:

Still too much arch gap :wink: Looking forward to a fly-by vid!
Where's my Gueuze????
We could go lower mate! It's set for handling though, not looks. :tongueout: Tried to get a quick flyby vid at the weekend but got completely ruined by two tractors. Oh the irony...
And yep, we got a case of gueuze. And some Orval. And some Rodenbach Alexander. :smiley:

such a lovely looking motor..how was it all in Belgium??
Really really good mate. Still thrilled with it all. The car made a perfect companion for a fantastic weekend. Seemed to go down well with the locals too. They all drive grey or black cars around there, don't think they've ever seen anything so BLUE! :smiley: Hope you're having a fun holiday mate.

€200 of beer, that's the new shocks knackered then! :smirk: Glad you had a good time. Car looks great!
Thanks a lot John mate. New shocks coped admirably to be fair!

Can't see any stone chips on that front bumper Mes....

You need to drive faster or let the missus have a go:wink:
Ha, she's as bad as me Ben! But to be fair to Renault, their paint seems really resilient to stone chips. There are a few but nothing like what I'd expect given the age of the car.

God it looks SO good on them wheels..
Thanks boss! Still buzzing like mad off them. They really change in the light too. Sometimes they look almost black, sometimes brown, gold, anthracite... the finish on them is really great.

that second photo ... :hearteyes:
car sits perfectly.
Thanks Peter. We're really happy with it too. Nice and low but there was no consideration to looks, I just told Sean how I wanted it set up and that's how it sits. Pleased you like it mate.

Last edited:
Looks lovely mate :smile: love the stance too,

Thanks a lot mate. As I've said above, the stance wasn't considered at all, it was set up for handling. It's just a happy bonus that it sits so nice really. But I really do like it.

yeah thats probably true..people in Europe tend to stay very dark when it comes to colors...its good to be different..
thanks im having a really good time here in Czech..it was 30 degrees yesterday..so hot and beautiful...

Reactions: ///M
Mrs M just had a like on Instagram of a really old pic of the car. Goes to see the account of the liker and it's all pictures of tractors!

Bloke must have been looking at #tractorboy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: