Trackspec Clio 197

Cars looking good, wouldnt mind towing mine with a new X5.

The straps dont look right, are they over the top of the wheels?

Couple of shots from the show.
89E388A8-330B-4694-A811-4C0172BA0D85.jpeg
F8A08D48-00D0-48AF-8B65-8795194F6C97.jpeg

Then the thermostat housing bung developed a split and decided to spray coolant everywhere. Thankfully it didn’t happen on an event or while driving it. I’ve got some silicone hose to replace it with so a nice easy fix.
FBC9FFB7-F00E-4D6D-AFE6-EB7827FF9F8C.jpeg

Reactions: Mark_L
Just a question. How are the ball joints uprated . I’ve had a genuine one go after 6 trackdays. Thinking the same as you too much kerb hopping. Would be interested in a uprated pair. Cheers

I bought the “uprated” joint off Didier on this forum. He would be the best to tell you how they’re uprated. 6 track days is shocking to destroy a new one but mine definitely failed due to kerbs.

Time for a caliper rebuild. Such an easy job to do and saves a fortune.

The heat had perished the seals quite badly with multiple holes on 4-5 of the pistons with the rest looking quite split. The nipples were easy to remove thankfully because I’d bled brakes not too long ago.

0E313CDF-5C5B-409A-AF4A-CDA1F38F4B34.jpeg
521904F1-2295-4A2F-B55D-A8285C4D3614.jpeg

Current progress:

Seals all removed and ready for a clean and repaint.

7134B1E5-FDC8-46AE-8ACD-351E020EAC59.jpeg

The new seals arrive next week so I will clean down and repaint tomorrow and install the seals when they arrive.

Reactions: Sean197 and Markmec
Was after a recommendation vs taking a chance and potentially getting a chinese copy bud without paying through the nose for a Renault kit if they do them

You can get the kits through Big Red, eBay etc and prices vary based on what you want but are no more expensive than around £40 a kit. The kits are generally Budwig (from Denmark) and use HEL parts both of which are very good quality. The original seals are made in Spain and can also be bought off eBay.

Reactions: Dumdum
Red caliper paint ordered, got me a nice wire wheel for the grinder and will set about painting them up once I have had the car cleaned and mopped then made v.shiny by my mate who just loves cleaning cars :hearteyes: rear calipers and carriers are worse than the fronts, corrosion has got under the red and they have blistered, and I’m buggered if the fronts won’t match the rears cos I’m a bit anal like that, not fussed if it says Brembo on the side or not, those who know just know :sunglasses:

Reactions: trackspec197
So the seals arrived today and since it was a nice evening I thought I’d start to reassemble the calipers and give them a quick paint.

Really pleased with how they turned out.
965E5A05-D32F-4F1D-9A4B-1E904B8A8787.jpeg

I’ll refit them tomorrow evening, fit the new pads, retainers and bleed the system again.

Reactions: peter
So the seals arrived today and since it was a nice evening I thought I’d start to reassemble the calipers and give them a quick paint.

Really pleased with how they turned out.
View attachment 126070

I’ll refit them tomorrow evening, fit the new pads, retainers and bleed the system again.

Look really good Matt, nice and Bright,

Saw you this morning just before Black Bridge.

Reactions: trackspec197