Track Wheels

Im looking at these alloys below as track wheels wrapped in toyo 888's.

enkeiperf_gw8_blk_ci3_l.jpg

I quite like them but think they are rather bold!

Opinions?

dont they do the red bits in white

Hmm, not to sure to be honest. I think I may have seen them chrome somewhere. I was going for the red to match brembo's, but I doubt you can even see it on track... :rolleyes:

Track wheels get wrecked so not much point worrying what they look like.

Looks like the red bit me bolt on so could be removed and painted or hust removed to save wieght. :wink:

Track wheels get wrecked so not much point worrying what they look like.

Fair point, might look 2nd hand then as they are near £250 a corner. Or use speedlines for track and these my summer wheels...

oo no these are awful track wheels shoudl be the lightest they can not the fanciest

lightest they can not the fanciest

Thats why I chose them, they weigh in at 8-9kg (sounded light enough to me, however I dont know how much STD's weigh). I also wanted a wheel that wouldnt flake and stress fracture thats why I went for the trusted name.

Any other recommendations?

Team dynamics pro race 1.2's or the 1.2s's about 450-500 all four light wheels .

Or oz' wheels but there pricey ! I'm going for the pro race ones and they run them on btcc cars so wont get a more well used name

oz magnesium wheels are lightest ultralegs or superlegs they weigh in about 6 - 8 kg standard 197 wheels are 10kg oz are like 350 a wheel though so unless uve got money comin outa ure ears lol. TD's are gud wheels. common misconception is lighter will make u faster but really only gives u 1/10th faster per lap over standard

on the ktec racing website, theyve started manufacturing some five spoke racing wheels, they look really tasty to be honest and come in with some pretty good wheel/tyre package deals, ive been tempted to sell my 18" ultraleggeras to pay for a set :thumbsup:

theyd be my choice anyways.
the wheels in question in this thread arent very nice in my opinion, deffo not if your spending around £1000 for em.

found a cheap new set of pro race 1.2 in 7x17 5x108 et45..
What do you guys think?
Handling wise it would be better to stick with 7.5, right?