Track Day

Hi all :smile:

I am about to have my first track day in few days time. i currently have this setup:

Stock engine, H&R 40mm drop springs.

Now can you all tell me what is the best setup for the track day ? In terms of brakes(brake oil, brake lines, brake pads)
i going to remove 18" wheels and fit standard 17" with Continental Sport 3 tyres.

Can you tell me what tyre pressure should i run because i dont want to foock the tyres up completely.

I am not planning to run the car too much, the lap is 2.5 km long, and i am planning to run 2-3 laps and then 2-3 laps to cool the car down.

Thanks! :smile: I hope u got what i mean !

Personally I would just go for Ferodo DS2500 pads and not worry about anything else. You will probably end up doing more than just 2-3 laps at a time. Monitor your pressures and try to keep them down to below 35psi.

On the tyre pressures front, I normally go out and do a few laps to get them hot, then pull in and check them. They have normally risen a few psi depending on the track, so I bleed them back down to about 34psi while still hot. After the next run I check them again, and they should have stabilised. I found that the fronts can get into the high 30's psi, which noticeably affects the grip and braking stability before you adjust them. It might be worth starting by dropping them all by a couple of pounds before you start. Also try to remember to reset them before you go home again!!