Toyosports Stainless Steel 4-2-1 decat Manifold (pic heavy)

I was looking forward to fitting it and enjoying the car but the list of problems I got from the garage was mental so I'm just giving up. I love the car and it's one of the most fun focused cars I've ever owned bar the gt4 but I just can't deal with the poor reliability anymore :worried:

I just got this toyosport manifold fitted sounds great only one problem u hear it more now when u stick the foot down and it's hitting the subframe. Need to get uprated engine mounts but don't know what ones to get. Any advice?

Grind away lip of subframe & fit Vibra-Tech mounts.
Heres a pic of the subframe modified.

IMG_2196_zps91bd457c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I fitted one of these manifolds yesterday, so far it is good!

I am getting a knock in lower gears and while turning the wheel at low speeds, I don't get it when down changing though. I am changing the clamp between the manifold and cat as I don't think it is holding the join very well, then I will get under it again and give it a good look over. There does look like there is a good 10mm+ of clearance between the manifold and the subframe.

It does sound much better, I can't believe how much quieter it is in car as the flexis aren't blowing. It sounds good from outside even with the rest of the system being standard

I've had my toyosports fitted for over a year now and i must say i'm very pleased with it.

I fitted a vibratechnics lower mount at the same time but still had a vibration with the manifold tapping the subframe, i bought a powerflex bush for the upper mount to sort this out.

But heres a tip for you when fitting this, the upper torque mount you will notice when fitting the bush has a slotted hole were it mounts to the chassis/strut top, when tightening this last bolt up pull the engine forward, you'll be surprised how much the engine will move as you do this and pull the manifold away from the subframe.

I've had my toyosports fitted for over a year now and i must say i'm very pleased with it.

I fitted a vibratechnics lower mount at the same time but still had a vibration with the manifold tapping the subframe, i bought a powerflex bush for the upper mount to sort this out.

But heres a tip for you when fitting this, the upper torque mount you will notice when fitting the bush has a slotted hole were it mounts to the chassis/strut top, when tightening this last bolt up pull the engine forward, you'll be surprised how much the engine will move as you do this and pull the manifold away from the subframe.

Does it still pass the emotions test for MOTS?

I'm looking at getting one of these manifolds for my 200 cup as mine is blowing quite badly now. I have ktecs uprated engine mounts however will i need to still get powerflex engine mount bushes to solve the subframe knocking?

Which Ktec engine mounts do you have?

After investigating this myself recently, to prevent damage to the manifold in the future it's recommend to change both upper and lower engine mounts.

With the Toyosport manifold too, I've heard you may have to take a chip out of the subframe to stop it knocking, but with the upgraded engine mounts this may not be needed.

@sevenfourate is your man on this subject.