Toyosports or K-tec Exhaust Manifold

Hi all,

Well it's time to change the exhaust manifold on my 197 and was wondering on what to go for. I've heard great things about k-Tech and not so great about Toyosports. Opinions below would be great before I decide.

Cheers

Andrew

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've also got the toyosport, couldn't justify paying 3 times as much for a k-tec.

Mine did knock on the subframe, so fitted powerflex torque arm and lower engine mounts inserts which stops the knocking, but does add a fair bit of vibration feel at tick over.... although the mounts improved gear change feel too

Reactions: lincroftonline
Another vote for the Toyosport. First track day in mine yesterday and can't fault it. The K-TEC would be nice but 600 notes is too steep IMO.
Also have the lower engine bush and upper torque bush replaced with Powerflex black series.

I was faced with this about a year ago. I opted for the KTEC over the Toyo. I know it was expensive but couldn't fault the build quality and also didn't want to fit stronger engine mounts and mess around with the subframe. Suppose it helped that KTEC are on my doorstep so had hem fit it and remap at he same time.
Only had the car for a few months after that. Traded it in for a a Megane. I believe some lad on here in Wales has my old Clio.

I've got the toyo. No fitment issues, was running polybushes on the engine anyway.
However, if your manifold isn't blowing I wouldn't change now I look back, makes next to no difference at all over the standard manifold.

I've got the toyo. No fitment issues, was running polybushes on the engine anyway.
However, if your manifold isn't blowing I wouldn't change now I look back, makes next to no difference at all over the standard manifold.

Valid point the last bit. And worth mentioning for sure.

Must also must be said : 99.9% of people fit a Toyo because it's a cheap way to replace a standard manifold that's blowing.

I don't know anyone that's bought one as a standalone item only for increased performance over the standard item (?). Which as Tom rightly says.....you won't get.

Thanks for all the comments. It is blowing and I have decided to go for the K-Tech manifold.

There's a good build thread about someone's thoughts on the ktec manifold on here, talking about driveability before and after remapping and I depth discussion of flat spots. Interesting to hear they're oppinion with their purchase. Worth reading before buying to give you some more information. I sadly can't remember who it was but it was recent, a good search in the progress section will bring it up.

If you don't already have an exhaust system and want one it may be worth considering a Pure Motorsport manifold and exhaust system, it looks like a work of art.

If you don't already have an exhaust system and want one it may be worth considering a Pure Motorsport manifold and exhaust system, it looks like a work of art.

Thanks for that but I've already got a scorpion catback and decat, only looking as my flexis have gone

Just phoned hem up but they said it's a motorsport item, not really great for the road. That's a shame

Well the manifold has totally blown so hopefully k-tec will have ready soon as i will be carless.

I went with the K Tec one, yes its quite an expensive option - would I do it again?...yes for sure, I have no experience of the Toyo one seem to get mixed feedback, but as long as you get it installed correctly your away and its a fairly cheap alternative to the original.

The K Ktec one in my personal experience does add some extra noise and a certain 'howl' around 4.5k revs which can be un nerving when your not prepared for it, mines matched to an Akrapovic which I think sound wise is quite restrained,

Either way its a worthy upgrade, I have to say they also remapped mine when the manifold was added - not sure if this is really required or not maybe worth checking first?.

I went with the K Tec one, yes its quite an expensive option - would I do it again?...yes for sure, I have no experience of the Toyo one seem to get mixed feedback, but as long as you get it installed correctly your away and its a fairly cheap alternative to the original.

The K Ktec one in my personal experience does add some extra noise and a certain 'howl' around 4.5k revs which can be un nerving when your not prepared for it, mines matched to an Akrapovic which I think sound wise is quite restrained,

Either way its a worthy upgrade, I have to say they also remapped mine when the manifold was added - not sure if this is really required or not maybe worth checking first?.
Any videos? Was looking at a Ktec manifold to match the Akropovic on my other halfs car, but don't want it to be TOO loud!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk