Tom's Track Car - BMW E46 -Engine Number 3

[MENTION=52367]R27SG[/MENTION]

There's a company called Compbrake I spoke to him about prices recently. They're £190 + the vat, but may do a better deal. Say Tom with the blue Clio put you in touch. I had the first two sets and helped out with dimensions for them to run with OEM Springs.

Hi Tom. Any idea if it will fit a Bilstein B14 coilover?

Hi Tom. Any idea if it will fit a Bilstein B14 coilover?

It it should do yes as I believe the Bilsteins are designed to work around the standard top mount? This is the route I am planning on going down if I can figure or whether the Bilsteins are stiff enough for a track day car.

It it should do yes as I believe the Bilsteins are designed to work around the standard top mount? This is the route I am planning on going down if I can figure or whether the Bilsteins are stiff enough for a track day car.

Trust me the Bilstein aint stiff enough for a track car. Haha

Track day photos.

Love a rolling shot - Driving down to Anglesey at 6am in the morning.

28828318300_bc46975446_z.jpg

29115148295_c488f2dd7e_z.jpg

28493224374_0fbfee3d8d_z.jpg

29009746522_701c5abab7_z.jpg

Tucked in the garage with my mates Clio Cup.
28496208983_9024a81e5d_z.jpg

And the video again for good measure!

[video=youtube;nEEXCPG6poo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEEXCPG6poo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Spent a few hours in early Saturday morning to do a little edit with the video footage to took from the last track day.

Also spent Saturday working on the car all day, will update that with photos later in the week.

Another weekend with a lot more jobs ticked off the list.

First job was to explore the slight tapping coming from the top mounts we've been working with Compbrake to redesign. We've used my car as a test mule for the new design to work with OEM suspension. Took the lot a part and fitted the newly designed reducer which transfers the force from the spring seat directly up to the rose joint in the top mount, these are exactly the same overall height as the standard top mounts, perfectly solid and super quiet now.

29664955791_a5a4896e6c_z.jpg

29454953380_c9f66a8ffe_z.jpg

One of the other jobs for the weekend was to fit new brake pads and bleed the brakes. Much better pedal feel now, back to how it should be.
I also removed the front bumper to look at the AC Condenser as my AC has packed in, there's no pressure in the system but was unable to an obvious leak or damage on the condenser. Need to get it leak tested at some point to try and find the leak.

Finally I spent a couple of hours removing all the old rubber which was stuck on the front of the car and down the sides from the last track day, gave it a proper clean and a quick wax as it was looking quite sorry for it's self.

29454955140_f73925afc6_z.jpg

ex.jpg seats.jpg strip.jpg Only a couple of things this weekend.

Booked Oulton park with Chris and Pav from here in November. So starting to get ready for the next track day.

Fitted sun a complete black sun strip, wanted to go slightly lower with it but I was limited by trying to keep the automatic windscreen wiper function and auto lights so didn't want to cover the sensors. Managed to keep all the track day stickers too.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5018/29914070920_d5d2c58bdf_z.jpg

Also fitted fire extinguisher in the passenger footwell with a proper Motorsport quick release bracket. Nice and assessible but not in the passengers way. Gave the interior a Hoover and couldn't resist taking a few photos. Love the seats and harnesses.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7482/30125039391_dd79acac38_z.jpg
https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8412/29914075230_4dd2f0813b_z.jpg

Final on going jobs at the moment is sorting wheels and track tyres ready for November. Will update with that soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
lovely mate but for some reason i cant see the pictures..i will be doing my maintenance within the next 2 weeks..hope all is fine and we have a great time at Oulton..

Reactions: tombate911
Is that the normal GT spoiler Tom? Looks good, and not as bold and brash as the cup spoiler. Did you bolt it or bond it?

Is that the normal GT spoiler Tom? Looks good, and not as bold and brash as the cup spoiler. Did you bolt it or bond it?

Sorry mate online just seen this @Grey0986
Yes as far as I'm aware it's the GT Spoiler, the other one available is called the Sprint spoiler. This version is off the styling kit which you can get for the standard Mk3 clios.