Tom's Track Car - BMW E46 -Engine Number 3

Brakes look fantastic! How much was that setup, if you don't mind me asking?

Top work as usual Tom, need to get me some of these discs I think!

If anyone's interested I can do these 335mm kits for £500 posted to your door, bells, rotors, spacers and bolts. Big savings over similar products from the likes of KTEC. Could probably push for a little more discount if there was a few people interested in sets? If I can be of any help let me know.

Brakes feel so much better with the bigger discs and hoses fitted even with standard pads. After weekend I can't wait to try them with the DS1.11. All ready to try on track next Friday!

If anyone's interested I can do these 335mm kits for £500 posted to your door, bells, rotors, spacers and bolts. Big savings over similar products from the likes of KTEC. Could probably push for a little more discount if there was a few people interested in sets? If I can be of any help let me know.

Brakes feel so much better with the bigger discs and hoses fitted even with standard pads. After weekend I can't wait to try them with the DS1.11. All ready to try on track next Friday!

Christ that's cheap!

I'll definitely be interested in the summer. Have to get the big service/cambelt done in May. :worried:

Reactions: tombate911

ARGH!!! Must... resist...

Would love some of these! Maybe one day once we've ticked everything else off!

Interesting stuff on the brakes front...

Is this more of an aesthetic mod or for the weight saving with the bells?

I just struggle to understand how the standard brakes aren't up to the job with good pads and discs?

Or am I in for a surprise when I track mine?

Interesting stuff on the brakes front...

Is this more of an aesthetic mod or for the weight saving with the bells?

I just struggle to understand how the standard brakes aren't up to the job with good pads and discs?

Or am I in for a surprise when I track mine?

Couple of things really. Front discs needed replacing anyway at the time I was refreshing the whole brake system, Better aesthetics yes was one of the reasons I went for the upgrade. Grooved two piece rotors are suppose to handle to heat better and give better heat dissipation. Whether there is any difference over standard? Hmm who knows yet, (ktec have done some actual data testing on stopping distances on their 330mm disc kit though which showed much better results with slightly larger rotors, in theory should be able to give slightly (ever so slightly) more power braking force when coupled with proper pads like the DS1.11 It was one of those when you're upgrading you might as well do it properly. In the future I can just replace the rotors on the bells. Also these power vane rotors have directional vanes to help with cooling compared with standard vanes, it was just a range of little things which lead to the upgrade plus the discount from them once again helped!
Really happy to have a well set up brake kit now which is confidence inspiring in hot hatch like the Clio when driving on track, especially as when i'm on track I'm mainly able to reign in the faster cars under braking and through the corners.

I dread to think how fast it stops if your tyres are grippier than mine... Definitely those rather than the brakes that are the limiting factor on mine and it stops damn well!

Must be like hitting a wall! :tearsofjoy:

33127383213_5335ef03f9_z.jpg

Spent a little bit of time working on mine this afternoon. Given the brakes a final bleed ready to drop the DS1.11 pads in. Checked the levels. Lowered the front by 7mm and the rear by another 12mm. I gave it a clean 2 weeks ago and it was still looking good this afternoon so I snapped a quick photo of it to show what the latest changes are. Lowering and the cup spoiler really have changed the look of the car!

33127383213_5335ef03f9_z.jpg

Spent a little bit of time working on mine this afternoon. Given the brakes a final bleed ready to drop the DS1.11 pads in. Checked the levels. Lowered the front by 7mm and the rear by another 12mm. I gave it a clean 2 weeks ago and it was still looking good this afternoon so I snapped a quick photo of it to show what the latest changes are. Lowering and the cup spoiler really have changed the look of the car!

All I see here is the hero brakes. Looks awesome mate!

Reporting back from Snetterton from Easter weekend.
I'll start by letting the photos do the talking...

33332931343_ffe7afd45f_c.jpg

Hounded this Caterham like this for 2 laps and still wouldn't let me past while I was out with an Instructor getting some driver training.
34103413876_3be352af85_c.jpg

Car looking and feeling so much better now it's lowered on adjustable coilivers, changes to geometry in the afternoon really helping on track.
34103413936_d3f6a5f251_c.jpg

Love this rear view shot showing off the new rear spoiler and the Renault plates really finish it off.
33986787992_655937f11e_c.jpg

Snetterton was absolutely fantastic once again, certainly worth the 4 hours drive. Luckily I was able to tow the car down on the trailer and sleep over in the Campervan on the Thursday night in the paddock right outside of our garage.

After only doing the wet morning at Anglesey before the clutch went I never really got to fully feel how much of a difference the coilovers made to the handling of the car. However this time the track was bone dry from the start and remained that way all day which enabled me to really get to grips with the new set up and dial it in.

Overall the suspension changes such as black Polybushes, Gaz coilovers with a track focused set up and the big 335mm brake kit combined with DS1.11 brake pads made a massive difference to how the car performed on track. Carrying much more speed through the corners and being able to brake much later than usual. In the afternoon I added a few more clicks of compression, added some more camber on the top mounts which in turn added some more toe out and the car was going even better, much better turn in, staying much flatter through the corners enable the inside wheel to maintain grip and allowing me to get on the power a little sooner. All in all the Clio was going really really well.

I'll start posting videos up here when they're uploaded to youtube.

the car looks very good Tom..very fast and stable in the corners..
im not sure what your next step is but if I can be a bit of help,get a diff (LSD Qulife etc)....any type I guess but it would help you even more when turning in...i love mine now..its like something unnatural when you are going into a bend..