To Recaro or Not to Recaro?

For my upcoming Clio Cup I am wondering about the Recaro seats. Apparently the seating position is so high, that the original seats have a better seating position? Is this true? If so, I can better spend the extra money on some other refinements! Your opinion please! Thank you in advance, Vincent

The seating is a little high in comparison to some cars. Personally I don't find it 'too high'. Its really not that noticeable at all (though I am quite short!)

For me the Recaro seats are THE BEST option for the Clio. I wouldn't consider buying one without them, they make the whole experience just feel that much better. Also they are very comfortable, I drive for a living (vans) and I've also been in a LOT of cars with bucket seats, and have to say the Recaro seats in the Renaultsports are some of the best and most comfortable seats around, especially for bucket seats!

User: Brownbear on here bought a drivers side Recaro and had both the standard 200 seat (passenger) and Recaro (driver) side by side there might be a picture floating around somewhere. The higher driving position is noticable and i suspect the majority of the "its not high" brigade havent had a direct comparison like that.

Im not saying the Recaros arent worth it at all, they are great! But then so too are the standard seats (supportive, great position) so its all down to personal choice and budget.

I didnt spec the Recaros either due to the wear issues and the colour (why yellow?) and spent the money on the USB stereo upgrade, cup spoiler and black speedlines instead.

Last edited:
I have a pair sat at home waiting to be fitted so id hardly say thats true, I even said they were great in my post?

*link* :001_rolleyes:

Go for them mate. Yes the position is higher than the standard seats but its half the car without them.

I like the position, the passenger seat IS too high though everytime someone gets into mine they hurt themselves lol

imo get them. I have them and are very comfortable :smile: I know someone who has also got a clio and.he wishes he got his with recaros :smile:
If you can afford it then get them. wear issues? covered under warranty and 10,000 miles and barely drive alone and only early signs of wear :smile:

Always, always go for recaros!!!

The seating position isn't too high, maybe 20mm at most. But they are great, I want them in every car LOL!

36,000 miles and still looking good, although the seat foam has flattened a bit but nothing I would complain about. Even on long journeys, which I do a lot, they are so comfortable and very supportive when driving in a spirited manner. Plus they look the dogs danglies.