To loud for track?

That’s interesting yours is the same on the machine gunning having been mapped by the same guy at the same place....

Thought I had a leak in the system at first. Even had it up on ramps and got it checked out !

A trait of Andy’s mapping / preferred fuelling I guess...

Put my mind at rest a bit too you saying that! :tearsofjoy:

thanks for this, how did you get on?
Got flagged for drive-by again. I got carried away chasing down my mate in his Mk1 Clio. Didn't get chance to swerve to other side of track to avoid sound meter.

Interestingly also got told to "spread out" when I was too close to my mate.

Reactions: sevenfourate
@J90RDN
Where are the mics located at Bedford exactly pls?
@Pav
1st - at the first corner, left hander just after you join from the pits. It's on the inside left, so keep as far right as you can.
2nd - about 3/4 way round the track. Get to the end of the straight and you'll do a tight left hander. Then there is a sweeping right. Mic is on the inside of corner, on your right.
3rd - There are 2 left handers after the 2nd mic, and you'll notice a high bank on your right hand side as you go down a short straight. The mic is on your right. Swerve as far left as possible to avoid, then get as far right for the hairpin left (obviously watching out for other cars).
4th - on the last straight before you head towards the pits. Mic is on the left. Again, swerve as far right to avoid, then back to the left for the end of the straight and the fast right. Watch out for cars, as cars behind might think you are swerving right to let them past.

I've found that by avoiding the mic I can keep the hammer down and not get flagged. They are absolutely stupid rules, as it makes driving sooo much more dangerous, having to swerve to avoid mics.

If you are attending with Javelin, they will tell you in the briefing that you only have 1 chance, and that as soon as you get flagged for noise you are going home. The marshals are however a lot more pragmatic, and as I've been twice and been flagged for noise twice and continued with the day both times, I think it's safe to assume you have 1 chance. I have, however see people going home about 10am!!

I'll try and get a pic of the mic locations.

@Pav
1st - at the first corner, left hander just after you join from the pits. It's on the inside left, so keep as far right as you can.
2nd - about 3/4 way round the track. Get to the end of the straight and you'll do a tight left hander. Then there is a sweeping right. Mic is on the inside of corner, on your right.
3rd - There are 2 left handers after the 2nd mic, and you'll notice a high bank on your right hand side as you go down a short straight. The mic is on your right. Swerve as far left as possible to avoid, then get as far right for the hairpin left (obviously watching out for other cars).
4th - on the last straight before you head towards the pits. Mic is on the left. Again, swerve as far right to avoid, then back to the left for the end of the straight and the fast right. Watch out for cars, as cars behind might think you are swerving right to let them past.

I've found that by avoiding the mic I can keep the hammer down and not get flagged. They are absolutely stupid rules, as it makes driving sooo much more dangerous, having to swerve to avoid mics.

If you are attending with Javelin, they will tell you in the briefing that you only have 1 chance, and that as soon as you get flagged for noise you are going home. The marshals are however a lot more pragmatic, and as I've been twice and been flagged for noise twice and continued with the day both times, I think it's safe to assume you have 1 chance. I have, however see people going home about 10am!!

I'll try and get a pic of the mic locations.
thank you...

Got flagged for drive-by again. I got carried away chasing down my mate in his Mk1 Clio. Didn't get chance to swerve to other side of track to avoid sound meter.

Interestingly also got told to "spread out" when I was too close to my mate.

Yeah i think i will look to get this exhaust quieter somehow, thinking to run it to powerflow to put a larger center section resonator in or maybe go back to std :worried:

Yeah i think i will look to get this exhaust quieter somehow, thinking to run it to powerflow to put a larger center section resonator in or maybe go back to std :worried:
Unless it's stupid loud, then personally I'd give it a try. My car is loud, both exhaust and induction noise. Worst comes to worst you just have to short shift and lift a little around the mics.

Unless it's stupid loud, then personally I'd give it a try. My car is loud, both exhaust and induction noise. Worst comes to worst you just have to short shift and lift a little around the mics.

Yeah it is loud and the induction is stupid (supercharged) shame though as the noise is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, I am to loud for track

Toyosport manifold
No precats or cats (ktr delete)
KTR rear box and resonated silencer

today at brands i clicked 95/96db and tbh it was a drying track i think come the afternoon it could have been more

at bedford i clicked 92db

I need to keep some sort of performance as its supercharged, KTR reckon they are making a new center section which may help.

I also throw a flame on most upshifts and lift offs so its possible my KTR is not the best anymore all i know is its pretty loud and anybody else i have seen with this system has also received black flags...

Is there any other manufacture out there that is known to be quieter? Scorpion for example?

Toyosport manifold

today at brands i clicked 95/96db and tbh it was a drying track i think come the afternoon it could have been more

I need to keep some sort of performance as its supercharged, KTR reckon they are making a new center section which may help.

I also throw a flame on most upshifts and lift offs so its possible my KTR is not the best anymore all i know is its pretty loud and anybody else i have seen with this system has also received black flags...

Is there any other manufacture out there that is known to be quieter? Scorpion for example?

Out of the big brands I'd say Milltek would be your best bet!

Toyosport manifold

Have you thought about a silenced decat pipe? I doubt anybody makes one specifically for the Clio but one for another car may fit, or you could get one made up.

Thanks

the only thing i can think of is to run the car to somewhere like Powerflow and see what they can do, its a real shame its such a lovely sounding thing but black flag at bedford and black flag at brands, both tracks i enjoy... done like a hour on both circuits now and tbh even then i am trying to take it easy

Demon Tweeks have 10% off Scorpion/Cobra/Milltek systems this week...

Reactions: Pav