Tims Racing Blue 200 - NOW SOLD - S2000 PROGRESS STARTS PAGE 6- COILOVERS ON PAGE 12

New car day buzz!! Roll on this afternoon!
Also just found out that the 08/09 s2ks come with the jdm s2000 type s suspension setup so that suddenly throws a spanner in the works when it comes to coilovers :-/

Do I mess with an already great setup to improve the looks and hope it handles just as well if not better?
Think I'll bide my time , enjoy the car for what it is first, get to know it better then do a bit more research into suspension setups as I believe it's not just a case of installing some coilovers and dropping it! There is a number if things that need upgraded for it to work and handle effectively.

Looks great! :smiley:
I would add the OEM hardtop! They look stunning live!

As for the suspension:
Do you think lowering it by 20-30mm with premium springs will affect the handling too much in a bad way?
I personally wouldn't mind and give it try!

Looks great! :smiley:
I would add the OEM hardtop! They look stunning live!

As for the suspension:
Do you think lowering it by 20-30mm with premium springs will affect the handling too much in a bad way?
I personally wouldn't mind and give it try!
Hardtop is definitely on my to do list. Will make sure I have it for next winter be it an 2nd hand oem. Ideally I'd love a Spoon hardtop but like Mugen they are £4k :-/

Thanks bud. I'll be going downown the coilover route at some stage when I have enough money to also buy the other suspension parts I need. Meister R Zeta R's I think!

Hardtop is definitely on my to do list. Will make sure I have it for next winter be it an 2nd hand oem. Ideally I'd love a Spoon hardtop but like Mugen they are £4k :-/

Thanks bud. I'll be going downown the coilover route at some stage when I have enough money to also buy the other suspension parts I need. Meister R Zeta R's I think!

Go for the zeta r's I had them on my old civic and they were amazing!

Ooooft this is gonna looks tasty! Especially with that carbon hard top!

That's what I'm hoping anyway lol. No messing about, just getting it all at once ha! Hardtop is made to order and coming from states so generally shipped out in under two weeks. Will order it Tuesday, and then see how funds are for these genuine jdm rims. Always wanted a genuine set. As good a copies as Rotas are, they can't match the real deal for strength and lightness. they will weight in at 6.5kg a corner for the 17x8's and 7kg for 17x9's.

Look at the welding on the skunk exhaust

Pure awesome

Top work mate

I'm doing the same with my mods. Exhaust is paid for just waiting to arrive. But it will only go on when my coilies are here and new wheels and tyres

Will notice the biggest difference that way