Time To Sort My 197 Out!

mate, ive done exactly the same thing as you, except mine is on 73000 miles.
when my wages went up to a good amount through training, my mom actually suggested i went and treated myself for the hardwork id put in at my job. and thats what i did, and got my black clio 197, loved it, but work got busier, less time to spend on my car, and ive just ran it into the ground.
im going to be puttin it through the same sort of makeover as you mate. problem still being i need it to get to work :worried:

good luck with it anyways

welcome mate you work at OCL or what ever its called
glad to hear its ben driven:wink:

Haha yes I work at OCL, or TAFS, whatever you want to call it. I have to park it outside on the main road because of all the dust on our site.

Do you drive past often? Where abouts are you based?

Follow the link on the first page

Just been out and taken some pics. Done on the phone though so sorry about the quality. Just wanted to show the state of the wheels and seat.

Back Right
photostream

Back Left
photostream

Front Right
photostream

Paint Flaking Off Centre Console
photostream

Drivers Seat Wear

Just been out and taken some pics. Done on the phone though so sorry about the quality. Just wanted to show the state of the wheels and seat.
QUOTE]

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 13
grant what the hell have u been cleaning that car with inside and out stop now lol. ive never seen a 197 in such bad condition

Haha yes I work at OCL, or TAFS, whatever you want to call it. I have to park it outside on the main road because of all the dust on our site.

I drive past your car all the flipping time! Lol!

Just looked at the picture mate, shame about the wheels. I got mine done at Smart Care in Tipton. They offer a good service. I took the car in on Monday and it was finished on Wednesday. Had a free courtesy car and the finish is amazing. They do loads of colours too. If you take just the wheels in they do it cheaper.

As for the Recaros, well they need a re-trim don't they. Which dealer did you take it to? I'd go back and say look, these aren't fit for purpose. There are a good few people on here that have been and had their's done under warranty.

seen it a few times mate
i live in wordsley:wink:

Just looked at the picture mate, shame about the wheels. I got mine done at Smart Care in Tipton. They offer a good service. I took the car in on Monday and it was finished on Wednesday. Had a free courtesy car and the finish is amazing. They do loads of colours too. If you take just the wheels in they do it cheaper.

As for the Recaros, well they need a re-trim don't they. Which dealer did you take it to? I'd go back and say look, these aren't fit for purpose. There are a good few people on here that have been and had their's done under warranty.

Cheers for the info about the wheels, I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what theyll do for me.

I brought the car from Autoworld Willenhall, which is attached to the Renault Service centre. I took it back for them to have a look at, they said they would do the wheels had it for a week but didnt do them as they tried to paint the parts that had flaked off and never came back to me since. As for my seats they said the upholstry warranty is only a year? Even if it was 3, its just gone older than that now.

Where do I Stand? Should I still take it back to them as i registered the fault well within my warranty?

Autoworld is a joke. Complete waste of space. The sales team aren't as bad, but the service place is terrible. They made the problem with my old Clio worse than it was before I took it in twice before I eventually repaired the problem myself. As for the seats, if they only last a year then they're not fit for purpose under the sale of goods. Totally rediculous. I'd get on to someone from Renault UK tell them exactly what has happened, that you have joined an online car club and found out it is a common problem and they should have sorted it when you initially complained all that time ago when the car was still under warranty. Worth a punt mate, not going to cost you a lot. It's their fault in the first place for making crappy seat fabric. Lol!

take it back and kick up a fuss they might pay a good % of the cost
worth a try.if they say no log it with ren uk