Thoughts? :Clio MK3 Full SMD LED dash conversion kit.

Just bought one and free this weekend and will post picks of job dont or ive butchered it and any spare clocks going lol. Just need a decent soldering Iron now

Looking at the paypal address, it came up with mitch led design who I dealt with on ebay yrs ago. Very helpful guy when he was on ebay.

Pics to follow

Cheers jonesy!! been thinking what I could do this weekend - best get my car back by friday from the garage now lol.. or i'll pimp the courtesy car haha

Just bought one and free this weekend and will post picks of job dont or ive butchered it and any spare clocks going lol. Just need a decent soldering Iron now

Confused.. what have you bought?? a kid from that led place? That's a 182 kit.

or is this for your 182...

the 197 are a different type of led.

BUM - I read page 2 and skipped page 3.

Will try and get a refund or any one up for some 182 led.

Got refund and he said it is possible and will work - just tricky and need a very fine temp controlled soldering iron. Will look into this and may still get or have a crack at a spare clock.

Last edited:
Hmm. This may not go according to plan!

I've pulled my spare dials apart, and can't seem to get into the main pcb. I don't want to force the needles off as I dont know how they go on (do they just push on???)

There isn't enough room to get into the main board.

Am I the only one crazy enough to be cracking open these things (considering they are worth a few quid) :smiley:

mike any pics on what they look like opened or where you got to. I'm bidding on one on ebay and will see.

I would expect them to pull off! one thing wear gloves as it avoids picking up greasy marks on the clock facia. Nothing more unsightly than a pair of finger print as the coating n them dont make an easy clean.

mike any pics on what they look like opened or where you got to. I'm bidding on one on ebay and will see.

I would expect them to pull off! one thing wear gloves as it avoids picking up greasy marks on the clock facia. Nothing more unsightly than a pair of finger print as the coating n them dont make an easy clean.

If its the one in leicester, dont outbid me :tongueout:

why do you want another, thought you had a spare.

i'm looking into the dial face and lights too, especially ones lighting the computer display.

how about you send me some pics of the clock and i'll let you off ;-)

Last edited:
ok.

the inside back half of the shell
board
the dials closer up and if they move away from the silver surround. :smile:

ive placed 2 bids to test the waters, dont think anyone else are bidding..