Thoughts? :Clio MK3 Full SMD LED dash conversion kit.

I don't know about the other lights but the two that light the heater controls are a right pain. Mine kept not coming on every so often. After a few weeks of bashing the centre console my brother said "why don't you just fix it!" Like an idiot, I decided to do this on a Thursday night, thought it'd be a quick job. Mine doesn't have climate control by the way, so I'm sure it'd be easier with climate because... The heater controls are in a separate "box" behind the silver centre console cover. When you take this apart, the heater controls come loose, so you need to remember what settings you had them on. Also the fan speed one spins freely from the temp one. Then the air-con and heated screen buttons will fall out, then the little orange indicator lights will fall out cos they're a light tube which sits just over the circuit board. Sorry for the long post but I thought it'd be worth tellin you lot it'll take more than 5 mins with plenty of "oh s**t's" when bits start falling out. I only replaced mine with standard bulbs tho. They're tiny cap-less ones but can't remember what number they are.

Sorted then.

I've sent that crazy leds place a message and asked to confirm if they are 100% for a 197 and not for a 182.

Text me with the colour you want and assuming they are correct I'll order you some with me :smile:

Got my reply..

Hello Mike Sorry for this silly error the kit is indeed for Mk2

We are working on MK3 kit but as speedo uses 0603 I fear it will beyond the capabilities of your average solderer

The other problem is the heater panel as it has a creamy plastic but we have a led for the job that spreads colour well

Best regards Michael

Crazy LEDs

Doh!

Nice speedy reply though. Cant fault them for that!

Feel sure someone on here did this conversion to blue a while back. Never liked the orange colour on my R27. The dials on the Meg look cool at night, back lit loveliness, will get a pic if I remember

It might just be a case of having to buy a better soldering iron or obtaining a solder rework station (something i need to get regardless).

If we crack it Mike you are more than welcome to join the party! :smile:

Fingers crossed, cause i think everyone agrees that on both 197 and 200 the orangey yellow red lights look bad haha!