Things I like

1. Looks like the internet is getting better, fingers crossed it'll be sorted soon.
2. Decided to relive my youth a bit and popped into cex and got Metal gear solid - Phantom pain.
3. Spotted C&C Generals behind the till at the same time, asked how much it was and they said it didn't have a serial, I told them that didn't matter and they just gave it to me. I'm going to waste so much time on this.... Again.

Went to NYC a few years ago one of the few places I wanted to go to - I found it quite overwhelming with my 'little city' up bringing...first night there was inane so many people and those huge screens its just a really odd lighting..we didnt stay out long first night..

I can suggest the Hush Hip Hip tour...now ok you may not be a fan, But NYC is the birthplace of Hip Hop its part of new york - the tour guide was an actual rapper from back in the days 'Grandmaster Caz' to put that in perspective it was like most people meeting Paul Mcartney and spending the day with him - we were taken to the Bronx, the day we went someone was shot there...ah memories!.

You will enjoy NYC, best to walk everywhere!
Mate just saw this - have a great time in NYC - bet you're so excited for it! Would LOVE to go to New York, my parents have been, I've been to the west coast and it was great but just something about New York that draws me!

Thanks guys.

I booked us for 5 days not really knowing much about the place beforehand as-such - but wanting to surprise my wife and give her something to really remember on her 50th. And we still don't feel we've missed out; having managed to plan and book everything we really want to do in that short time.

With all of that; it has become somewhat of the 'trip of a lifetime' (Funds; with three kids and having to go in School hols limiting us to Europe mainly upto now), although i guess it's natural to cram in all you can from dawn until dusk on a first visit. I do also get the impression that it's the kind, size and density of place where you could always find or stumble across something new whether that be a museum, something cultural, somewhere to eat / drink and watch the World go by, a sports based viewing day or just doing one of the better known sights / attractions 'again' just because.

But the real star of the show i think / hope.....is the fact we're going mid-December.[All lights, attractions, Rockefeller centre tree / ice rinks open 1st week of Dec] My wife is pretty much a Christmas-holic. She loves the pomp, doing and planning stuff for our kids, getting all the little small personal gifts, the songs, the decorating and everything about the festive period. So for her to be in NYC at Xmas with the ice-skating rinks, the Christmas fayres, the Rockefeller centre Tree, Street Markets, Xmas food etc etc should really make this special for her. And me of course :smile:

Its a constant topic between us. We booked on 350+ days to go. The 3.....yes 3; countdown clocks in the house all now show 95 days to go. You shouldn't wish your time away; but...........

Reactions: Chris
Things i really like.

1. Just the right engine note.
2. Time on my own.
3. Food. Period !
4. Challenging / pushing myself.
5. Good company.
6. Adventure and surprise.
7. Spontaniety.
8. People who are good at what they do.
9. Confidence
10. Family

Apart from family the things I like are (in no particular order)

1. Riding my R1 - only bikers know this feeling, if you don't ride then learn. Such a buzz.
2. Watching live motorsport - the noise, smell etc.
3. Detailing your pride and joy and then standing back and admiring your work.
4. Being healthy and fit for my age.
5. Holidays/days off - I work to live not live to work.
6. Nice watches.
7. Toast and peanut butter.
8. New socks.
9. Achieving person goals.
10. Possibly owning the lowest mileage R27 in the UK - if not prove me wrong. :wink:

Seems a popular thread so here's my list in no particular order:
1. Major sporting events
2. Sightseeing
3. Honesty
4. Crisps
5. Playing Golf
6. Driving nice cars
7. My job
8. Decent size women
9. Banter
10. 197.net:grinning:

After Free fall Parachuting, Nothing has given me the same enjoyment. Yamaha R1, sold,/Meg engined Clio/Keeping, all good fun, but not on the same planet as Free Fall. Tandem Jump?.No fun, bungee jumping?. Being tied to a tether, I could clean my nails on the way downs, as generally you are going to be OK. Freefall, you are in charge of your own destiny. Best not to try it folks, it will spoil you for everything else.

Oh i love it. I just got reminded !

I'm a smooth Sunpat guy. But we do have Reece's here sometimes too.

Sunpat for me, not tried reeces though, I'll have to get some when I go shopping next. Is it overly sweet? because I find most of their stuff is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro