Thermostat/temp guage

so being relatively new to the rs200 I have zero clue but I have a feeling my car is running cooler than it should, most cars I’ve ever driven straight up the centre is where the temp guage sits when normal operating temps are reached, mine sits at one notch to the left which doesn’t sit well with my brain, I’m suspecting the thermostat is staying open and not allowing full warm up? Never gets above that point consistently

Anyone car to note where there’s sits when upto temp? It’s a 200 cup with aircon

Not plugged my Delphi scanner in to check but I suspect it’s sorting around 80 degrees thereabouts

The thermostat's open at 75 on these cars for some reason, mine is running cooler than it should, but mine will go down to just above the second line when cruising. in traffic mine rises to the third. but yours sounds about normal to me?

The thermostat is a 75 degree one as above but often they fail. That is a little low, the needle is damped so 80 degrees would be literally shy of the middle line. The 2nd line is closer to 60 degrees so would be vastly cooler than it should be. Ive use the Torque app and a cheap wireless OBD2 reader to monitor temps and these do run cool anyway.

I think I’ll be putting a 182 thermostat in for 85 degrees, cheers boys! Prefer that for slightly better fuel economy, just doesn’t sit right being 70 degrees if I’m honest and winter will be a cold one also :neutral:

Im certainly tempted to put a 182 thermostat in too. Given that mine is a daily economy is more important. Although one thing I requested with an old turbo car was drop the fan kick in temp so in traffic the fan is running more but keeping the car cooler.