The Ultimate 197 photoshoot????

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Has anyone ever thought outside the conventional photoshoot???

I am seriously considering getting a ferry from Shetland to Iceland and taking the 197 for the ultimate photoshoot and drive!

I am seriously into geology too, and to be at the point where the European is split from the North American plate where new land is created will be amazing.

Imagine the car pics that could be taken in Iceland?!?!?!

Wow, I really think this needs to be done!!

I would be up for something like that, could take it one step future and go for a Europe tour for a week. Would be fantastic, I know quite a few other car forums organise such events, maybe we should?

iv always fancied the Davos - Stelvio Pass that was featured on Top Gear. It is something that I really wanted to do since getting the 197! Should be able to get some stunning shots

iv always fancied the Davos - Stelvio Pass that was featured on Top Gear. It is something that I really wanted to do since getting the 197! Should be able to get some stunning shots

Was that the one they said was the best driving road in the world? Would be awesome!

Was that the one they said was the best driving road in the world? Would be awesome!

yeah thats the one! from the vids on TG it looked like driving heaven!

Kevo, TBH yeah im serious its summat me and the GF were thinkin about doing next year but as always - the more the merrier! At the moment i can see the whole area bein 3ft under snow!

yeah thats the one! from the vids on TG it looked like driving heaven!

Kevo, TBH yeah im serious its summat me and the GF were thinkin about doing next year but as always - the more the merrier! At the moment i can see the whole area bein 3ft under snow!

Get some details together pal and let me know!! Sounds brilliant!! You wouldnt see mine in the snow though lol!

Get some details together pal and let me know!! Sounds brilliant!! You wouldnt see mine in the snow though lol!

I was thinking early 2010 spring/summer or something like that but if there are a few of us we can see what works best.

lol! no you wouldn't see mine in it either! had some nasty experiences the month after a bought it! too close to a lampost means i wont take it out in that stuff again...

I wouldn't be able to do next summer, as am already booked...

HOWEVER....

something for you to think about.....

Why not try going for the unusual - doing something that the main lot of people don't do, countries where it is still stunning, but it isn't crowded with car enthusiasts....

Me and my gang of 3 best mates are thinking about this:

Dover to Dunkerque....then driving to Sweden and Norway...only 800 miles each way, and takes in the following countries:

France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway....

Worried about speaking 7 languages?

Take this person with us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY66ZJ0TFUI

:wink:

Love you all

Mike
xxx

The only prob with Stelvio Pass is that it's probably actually quite busy, what with tourists and locals - TG probably had it closed off for a short while!

I'd love to go somewhere with stunning scenery though, even if it was somewhere decent in the UK, its so bland round here!

I'd love to go somewhere with stunning scenery though, even if it was somewhere decent in the UK, its so bland round here!

My regular holiday spots:

North Scotland:
2.jpg

8.jpg

The Nurburgring:

14.jpg

Scotland is stunning, totally and utterly stunning.

A weeks camping there every year, with my best friends, we walk, drive the best roads in Britain, and enjoy the long long days (still light at 2330, sunrise at 0400 latest - it rocks!)

we should be going to Le mans next year, we were thinking about making it a bit of a euro road trip at the same time

I have replaced our Scotland trip camping with the ring next summer, but summer 2011, it will either be Norway/Sweden or just good old Scotland again!

The only prob with Stelvio Pass is that it's probably actually quite busy, what with tourists and locals - TG probably had it closed off for a short while!

yeah thats a good point about bein closed for those guys!

iv been up to loch lomond for the weekend before, it was only in a ford ka but i did about 200 miles around the roads up there, it was just awesome. stunning scenery, a lot less traffic and great roads - perfect!

funny i was going to say scotland - sparsely populated areas very hilly just ideal really !!!