THE picture / take a drive thread. Lets have some fun !

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
BASICS: Take a pic of your car in a specific situation to satisfy the current challenge.

RULES:

If it says a picture in front of a sign with "No Motorized Vehicles" one that just says "No cars" will NOT work.ie: Try and meet the specific challange exactly.

* However: If it says a picture in a drive thru, a McDonald's will work as well as other fast food outlets because the poster didn't specify precisely.

* Post a SPECIFIC next challenge. Make it something accomplishable NOT something ridiculous. That will slow down the game for everyone. The idea is to take a drive, take a picture, post it and move on. Pronto !

* In the event a challenge has stalled the game, one week will be the limit of it's duration. After that time limit the person who suggested it can either do it themselves or suggest a new next challenge. If they don't reply]then the previous winner gets to pick the new next challenge.

*Old photos CANNOT be used. After the challenge has been posted you have to go out and get a NEW photo to satisfy it.

*There will be disagreements about whether challenges have been met or were specific enough. The original poster / challenger has the first right to determine whether his / her challenge has been met.

*HAVE FUN !

Ooh, I think I might join in.

Take a look at the Pistonheads version ' let's play the photo location Game' I think the number of challenges completed is in the thousands now. Seems to have died a nit as most ideas have been exhausted. But worth a look if you enjoy this sort of thing.

Damnit, I'm bristolian and we have arguably the coolest bridge in England and The bloody suspension bridge is covered in scaffolding! I'll have a think...

I might try some of these challenges.

My wife has the clio can we include the family car ... the mighty Ford Kuga in the pictures?

I might try some of these challenges.

My wife has the clio can we include the family car ... the mighty Ford Kuga in the pictures?

Cant speak for everyone, but other forums let this type of thing happen with a humorous proviso.

So I think as long as you have a home made sign in the window saying 'I really wanna be a Clio' or even better a 197.net sticker on show you'll be fine :tongueout:

I didn't want to see this thread not progress so...less than 30 mins later...boom. :wink: I've taken at two different bridges just in case the first (at a footbridge called the Brig 'O Balgownie) doesn't seem clear enough that it's a bridge.

ac3b8f4003175feec686c2e2cc40be76.jpg

And also the new Third Don Crossing in Aberdeen (see background of shot)

0905b7f8c76ac47c18411103a3427ebc.jpg

Do I get to set the next one..?

Nice photos to start the game off! I'd say that they satisfied the criteria, but we'll let the OP have the final say :smiley:

I'd say that's a win. Winner of the last one sets the next challenge as far as I'm aware.

Lovely colour too.

Does the car have to be clean lol? If so I'm not going to stand much chance of posting one lol!

Yea boi !! [MENTION=54404]MRizzle[/MENTION]. WELL DONE !

Once the pictures posted you don't need approval. Just set the next challenge buddy.........

Right, I'm going to go for something really easy to keep things rolling. The next photo challenge is to take a photo with a church spire anywhere in the background.

I was parked next to a spire yesterday but didn't have my phone on me. I might go back later. Unless a mental image and description counts [emoji57]

I was parked next to a spire yesterday but didn't have my phone on me. I might go back later. Unless a mental image and description counts [emoji57]

:smiley: it could count, but it would make for a very boring photography thread :smiley:

Very true, plus my descriptive skills are very poor.

There was a church, it had a spire, I parked near it. [emoji106] Winner