The most amazing day out ever- Zürich, Switzerland - MORE PICS!!!!

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
So I left Gatwick for Zurich at 630 this morning, and arrived back at 950 tonight.

What a day out! Full of random things.

Perhaps the most scary was we were sitting on a station platform waiting for a train. This lad, about 22, comes down onto platform with his mum wearing a Swiss army uniform, with some massive gun hanging round his back, sits down, starts loading it, and taking aim at the sky.

We were totally gobsmacked, and were staring on in utter horror and dis belief. But the quite disturbing thing was, no one else gave a monkies fudge?!?!!?!?!

Some pics for you anyway:

1.jpg
^^£1 = CHF 1,41.....now tell me how much you would pay for a McDonalds lol!

2.jpg

3.jpg
^A380!

4.jpg
Uetliberg

5.jpg
Double Decker trains - epic!

6.jpg
Wicked Blud Innit!

7.jpg
That's Logisitics!

8.jpg
Yay :s

9.jpg
Spotless terminal building

exp.jpg
Again, work out how much that is :wink:

Zurich really is a truly amazing place. Used every form of transport today, air, boat, car, cable car, bus, tram, train etc lol!

And I spotted a LY200 :wink:

Last edited:
You see... You will get everything you want in Zurich! (also some stupid guys manipulating on their army gun??? ) I'm from Zurich and I can confirm, that there are all kinds of people you can imagine.... ;-) And the prices are high, especially at the Bahnhofstrasse! ;-)

Last edited:
The mighty Swiss Franc:

IMG_20110127_220830.jpg

Backspin: What does CH actually mean. Eg: CHF, internet address end in .ch? Something Helvitica? What is that?

CH means "Confoederatio Helvetica". Thats Latin and means swiss confederation.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see, what languages do you speak? I couldn't understand the German they speak very well lol. I speak Hoch Deutsch, and until yesterday had not heard the word ࣌Grützi lol. The accent in Switzerland (and Austria and Schwarzwald) is very strange!

Crazy day out!

It is, something different :smile:

Did the Mrs get anything nice ?!? :wink:

She did, two different heart shaped cake thingys from some horrendoulsy expensive stall on Bahnhoffstrasse!

There are many different Slangs of Swiss-German in the parts where they basically speak german. Often the germans have problems with understandings too but if german is not your mothertongue its almost impossible to understand them without training :wink:
Besides that there is French, Italian and Retoromanian as languages too in Switzerland. Just to complete the confusion :tongueout:

Btw: In Germany there is a different slang for every region too, some of them very hard to understand...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see, what languages do you speak? I couldn't understand the German they speak very well lol. I speak Hoch Deutsch, and until yesterday had not heard the word ࣌Grützi lol. The accent in Switzerland (and Austria and Schwarzwald) is very strange!

:tongueout: I speak Swiss German. You can speak Hochdeutsch? Dann kann ich ja jetzt nur noch auf Deutsch schreiben... :wink: "Grüezi" is a special Swiss word. Austrian is different, and also for us sometimes a little bit strange :smile:

There are many different Slangs of Swiss-German in the parts where they basically speak german. Often the germans have problems with understandings too but if german is not your mothertongue its almost impossible to understand them without training :wink:
Besides that there is French, Italian and Retoromanian as languages too in Switzerland. Just to complete the confusion :tongueout:

Btw: In Germany there is a different slang for every region too, some of them very hard to understand...

So it is... we have 4 official languages (German, Italian, French and Retoromanian). Furthermore exists reams of different dialects. Not all German understand the Swiss German, but every Swiss German understand the German :tongueout:

:tongueout: I speak Swiss German. You can speak Hochdeutsch? Dann kann ich ja jetzt nur noch auf Deutsch schreiben... :wink: "Grüezi" is a special Swiss word. Austrian is different, and also for us sometimes a little bit strange :smile:

I really find it difficult to understand Swiss German indeed!!! It sounds like "Streched" German.

Like the word "Nächste" as in "Nächste Halt" sounds like "Neeeeeeeckster"

Ich spreche Deutsch, aber nicht so viel :wink:

Austria IS VERY strange :wink:

So it is... we have 4 official languages (German, Italian, French and Retoromanian). Furthermore exists reams of different dialects. Not all German understand the Swiss German, but every Swiss German understand the German :tongueout:

4 OFFICIAL languages LOL! BUT, EVERYONE speaks English?! What languages to do learn at school? 4 + English???

Our schools teach us ONE of French, German, Spanish or Chinese, from the age of 11 - so we are utter CRAP at languages :smile:

Last edited:
I LOVE Switzerland, its the only country where I will willfully use public transport. The double decker trains are just epic.

Going again in the summer hopfully

Similar Thread Suggestions