The first upgrade has to be...

...sorting the ride height.

I've been reading a lot on the subject and the common theme seams to be that KW V1's are the best way to go, possibly H&R or KW V3's if you can afford it.

It seems pretty logical that full coilover pack is a good idea but is it really four times better than the H&R or Eibach lowering springs?

£800 for coilovers and a tuneable ride height?

or

£200 for lowering springs and a fixed ride height?

Also is there anywhere I could get some coilovers cheaper than the K-Tec website?

Yep coilovers are 4x better (coming from someone with H&R springs). H&R's are hard spring but LOW, Eibach are perfect compromise but not low enough in my opinion. Forget the argument whether your tracking it or not (most people with collies never do), forget 'adjustability' (most people only adjust them once)

Like most things in life, comes down to £££££ and its your car, your choice!!!!

My KW V1's are the best thing I ever did, easily going to be 4 x better than springs on their own.

It would take me over six months to save up for the coil overs but I could get the springs within two months.

Does anyone know if there are spring kits available that will provide a drop of greater than 30mm?

Checking on K-Tec's, Spax's and Eibach's website the max drop appears to be 30mm. Am I missing anything here?

It would take me over six months to save up for the coil overs but I could get the springs within two months.

Does anyone know if there are spring kits available that will provide a drop of greater than 30mm?

Checking on K-Tec's, Spax's and Eibach's website the max drop appears to be 30mm. Am I missing anything here?

Dont do the job half a$$ed mate. Save up and get the coilovers :wink:

Agreed there, I think changing the springs alone is only good for looks you need more damping on the track which the standard setup is just a compromise for between track/road.

Couldnt of said it better myself, there is so much truth in that.

Even if you just want the height for looks, the car will never be the same. I have driven cars lowered on springs using standard shocks, and yes ok, the Clio 3 ones are going to be better than your average shock perhaps, but the truth is, your still messing up the chassis fitting different rate springs.

I spose the only question you need to ask is "do you enjoy how the car drives?" and if the answer is a "yes" then for goodness sake man!!! Get the job done on coilovers!!!!

I know its easy for me to sit here and type that above having just done it, but my goodness it was very much worth it! And after months of waiting, it will feel even better.

Definitely save for the coilovers, that's what I'm doing. Have already been saving a few months and definitely still have a lot of saving to do lol

I ordered mine from Demon Tweeks at the north west meet last weekend for £740 including delivery, that was including the 10% discount Maz had organised for us all on the day

I actually went and got some H&R springs that have a 40mm drop (newer ones are less for some reason) but I never fitted them, I hadn't heard bad things about them but I love the way the car drives so I didn't want to change it. I would love to see my car sit properly tt the only way I would do that is with coilies.

One option would be custom springs at the same spring rate as standard!?