The Definitive What Suspension Do You Have Thread...

What's Your Setup?

• Cup

Votes: 165 39.5%
  • Non-Cup

Votes: 75 17.9%
  • P.I Springs - £115

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • KW Springs - £155

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apex Springs - £100

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Spax Springs - £165

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H&R Coilovers - £950

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Avo Coliovers - £

• Eibach Springs - £195

Votes: 24 5.7%
  • Ohlins Coilovers - £

• KW V1 Coilovers - £750

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • KW V2 Coilovers - £

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • KW V3 Coilovers - £1350

• Bilstein Coilovers - £750

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • H&R -30mm/-30mm - £185

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • H&R -30mm/-40mm - £185

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • H&R -40mm/-40mm - £185

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Spax RSX Coilovers - £750

• KW Clubsports Coilovers - £1750

• AST Sportline II Coilovers - £1500

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • The one thats gonna beat Will now as my car works!

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • GAZ Gold

Votes: 11 2.6%

• Total voters
Does indeed. I don't track the car and I'm used to a harsh ride with the cup suspension, just dont like the way the car is so high, plus a 40-70mm drop I think is great! Just a bit iffy on the quality for that price. If someone can back it up then I'll be ordering.

Hello for anybody. I want to set cup chassis on my clio197. Can anyone help with finding the reference numbers of springs, shock absorbers, stabilizer. I have Dialogys program, but unfortunately I do not have vin number or serial number of the car with the cup chassis.

AP and Weitec are the "budget" line for KW. They're made under licence from KW and have to use the same materials and practices in order to attain the same TUV certification as the KW's are all TUV certified. I wouldn't have a second thought about using them, they carry a warranty etc., so if you can save a few hundred quid then why not!?!

They're the same as Matador and Achillies tyres being made by Continental. They are the exact same pattern and compound as the Conti's but a couple of year old design. So if anybody wants some SC2's you can get that tread pattern with a Matador logo on the sidewall now... My Dad picked up a set of Achillies for the Alfa as he suffered a double puncture and the local garage got them in last minute and cheeeeeap (£70 a pop in 235/35/18) on a Saturday evening. He came home and what do you know, identical to the SC3 I've got in the garden, even has the chequered flag pattern on the sidewall but has Achillies instead of Continental written next to it. :wink:

AP dont make coilovers for 197 or 200. dont know why demon tweeks keeps advertising them.

Does anybody know if H&R springs with 20mm spacers will scrub on the arches at all? I have a 2009 clio 200 cup. Any help with what top mounts I have would also be very much appreciated!

Should be OK with spacers on them, I have a 59 plate so you will need the older style top mount (cheaper too). Will be getting spacers soon too.

Yeah they do at the rear especially.

I ran H&R on my old 197, and currently run KW on my cup. Wish the rear of the KW'S would sit the same as the H&Rs

I've toyed with taking the adjusters out, but I'm not 100% sure I like the idea