The Definitive What Exhaust Do You Have Thread...

What's Your System?

• Oreca- £480

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Miltek- £530

Votes: 59 11.0%
  • Custom

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Standard

Votes: 199 37.1%
  • TDF (Race)- £476

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • TDF (Road)- £456

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Yozzasport

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Supersprint

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Akropovic (Slip-On)- £930

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Akropovic (Full System)- £1092

Votes: 79 14.7%
  • K-Tec (1 Rear Silencers)

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • K-Tec (2 Rear Silencers)- £445

Votes: 45 8.4%
  • Standard (Centre-Selincer Removed)- £40->£60

Votes: 50 9.3%
  • Piper- £600

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Bastuck- £570

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters
decided to order a scorpion non resonated cat back, although not many vids on youtube of this config, I'm hoping its civilized with the partner in the car but sound like a beast when I give it a bit of stick! and a few pops and bangs would not go a miss too!

decided to order a scorpion non resonated cat back, although not many vids on youtube of this config, I'm hoping its civilized with the partner in the car but sound like a beast when I give it a bit of stick! and a few pops and bangs would not go a miss too!

Drones a bit at 70 although I have got a different manifold which may have made the tone different

Scorpion on mine now they need to be added to this list now :thumbsup:
TDF Road for Resonated, TDF Race for non resonated :thumbsup:
I'd have thought so [MENTION=6790]Luke-200silvergp[/MENTION] , I've got a Scorpion with decat on mine and have no issues driving it without a map, didn't want to spend £300 odd quid on a Sports cat. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and it's been fitted for 6 months now, barely noticeable.

Fitted the Akrapovic evo last week and what a system...Fits beautifully, extremely well made. Sounds fantastic at full chat and nice and quiet whilst cruising. Only let down are the pissy wee 50mm tailpipes, but this will be sorted shortly with some custom made tips.

Well pleased with it...highly recommended.

Morning all!!!

Seens as the Exhaust seems to be a fairly hot topic of conversation, especially recently, I thought it'd be interesting to see exactly who has what. So please post your vote on the Poll and if you've any positive/negative comments about performance/build quality of the Exhaust you have then let's hear them too. If there's a particular reason why you went for the system you have then that might be helpful for people who are looking to buy one.

Also, please state if you're Cat/Decat/100 Cell/200 Cell.

Videos welcome!!!

So, for me, I originally just chopped the centre-silencer out of the standard system;

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X065zVA55Fw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6eBarAoj8[/YOUTUBE]

Whilst it sounded great, in fact how RS should've made it to begin with, the flatspot was horrendous.

I then found a K-Tec 200 Cell Sports-Cat and K-Tec (Magnex) Cat-Back System for sale at a very good price. So I took the plunge and I have to say my first impressions were that the build quality was very good and it fitted perfectly too. Performance wise, Nicole seemed to rev a bit more freely after a week or so of it settling and there definitely felt like there was more ''oomph'' on the old Bum-dyno. As I fitted both parts together, it's hard to say how each would perform individually but they work very well together.

At my most recent MOT (yesterday), the emissions are no worse than with the standard Cat, but no doubt more free-flowing. At my most recent sound test (January) she read at 84DB @ 3/4 RPM. So, it's a loud system but it's not too OTT and to be honest I've had louder in the past so it just depends what you want from a system.

One thing I would say is that the flatspot was virtually non-existant with the setup and has remained so to this day;

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDGxnSNFXOs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9ipVchNGc[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds... slow? Even in both videos? I pile through the gears like hell on my car, are you flooring it?

I'm in need of ideas on an exhaust iv just had the car on the ramps discussing a system for the Clio rs200 I'm I a fair few minds what to do..

*take both cats out and silencer and smaller back box for the duel set up

*just take one cat off with no silencer and just one single exit

* take one cat off and silencer and duel exhaust

Pics of your systems would be great and advice! I'm still yet to here a Clio rs with a stainless and YouTube don't do any justice

Thanks

Just purchased a Ktec Cat-Back off here. Are they a pain to get fitted correctly ie not touching the diffuser?

Im looking into getting an exhaust for my 197 very soon, my thinking at the moment is go for the resonated miltek cat back and leave the cat in, im slightly put off by the worry it wont actually make any more noise than standard. I don't really want any drone on the motorway but with my 197 being an early one with the shorter 6th its droney as hell already.
Anyone got the resonated miltek and got any opinions on the sound once its all bedded in?