The cup pack and full fat!

Paul, if you're unsure of the original spec of a car, you can just give Renault a shout using the online chat and they'll tell you how the car left the factory from the reg number.

Used it a few times, it can be very helpful.

Paul, if you're unsure of the original spec of a car, you can just give Renault a shout using the online chat and they'll tell you how the car left the factory from the reg number.

I did not know you could do this either, just on their main webpage or?

Probably yes, red callipers = cup chassis, though this is obviously an easy change. Those wheels are also correct for a cup chassis as they were originally only available on cup. Obviously these are both easily changed. The basic cup cars without the climate control etc had black rubbing strips as opposed to colour coordinated which also suggests that this is a full fat car with cup pack. I'm liking the fact that it has the anthracite pack, which is the anthracite colour to the bumpers & rear diffuser & is unusual. To me that looks like a nicely specced car.

Cheers Johnny it all makes sense now knowing what the cup pack consists of and as others have quoted the term 'full fat' seems come from forums much like a kind of nickname with so many variations it seems.

The 5 twin spoke alloys as you say seem to be part of the cup pack as looking through previous threads these alloys are slightly lighter than the speedlines which makes sense.

Locke cheers matey for all you help you guys have really helped out getting to know about these renaultsport clios.

Best advice I would give anyone looking for one of these cars is get out there and test drive some of them. I spent yesterday test driving 4 cars local to me and each one offered differant styles. i know now my search has changed to a 200 with cup chassis and no Recaros surprisingly another reason I don't want the Recaros is that the wife is how can I put this 'full fat ' lol! So wouldn't fit in them!

Reactions: LOCKE and Johnny 99
Cheers Johnny it all makes sense now knowing what the cup pack consists of and as others have quoted the term 'full fat' seems come from forums much like a kind of nickname with so many variations it seems.

The 5 twin spoke alloys as you say seem to be part of the cup pack as looking through previous threads these alloys are slightly lighter than the speedlines which makes sense.

Locke cheers matey for all you help you guys have really helped out getting to know about these renaultsport clios.

Best advice I would give anyone looking for one of these cars is get out there and test drive some of them. I spent yesterday test driving 4 cars local to me and each one offered differant styles. i know now my search has changed to a 200 with cup chassis and no Recaros surprisingly another reason I don't want the Recaros is that the wife is how can I put this 'full fat ' lol! So wouldn't fit in them!
You are on very Dangerous ground @paul jennings iam a big lad and I fit in Recaros

I guessed it was that comment, the wife's not into cars at all and doesn't get it this whole car scene.
For me There's nothing better than going for a drive on my own and blasting down my favourite back roads.

One road in particular I love is a lovely quite back road each car I have owned Iv taken down this road and timed it, it will be interesting to see where the clio comes in on the chart

Ford puma- 5 mins 38 sec
Mr2 roadster with lsd- 5 mins 41 sec
Mr2 roadster - 5 min 42 sec
Audi TT 225- 6 mins 2 secs
Audi A3 - 6 mins 42 sec
Hyundai coupe ( wife's ) 6 mins 58 secs
Citroen c2 - 7 mins 48 secs
Works van 9 mins 38 secs :smile:

That's very helpful. Cheers matey.

Reactions: ///M
I guessed it was that comment, the wife's not into cars at all and doesn't get it this whole car scene.
For me There's nothing better than going for a drive on my own and blasting down my favourite back roads.

One road in particular I love is a lovely quite back road each car I have owned Iv taken down this road and timed it, it will be interesting to see where the clio comes in on the chart

Ford puma- 5 mins 38 sec
Mr2 roadster with lsd- 5 mins 41 sec
Mr2 roadster - 5 min 42 sec
Audi TT 225- 6 mins 2 secs
Audi A3 - 6 mins 42 sec
Hyundai coupe ( wife's ) 6 mins 58 secs
Citroen c2 - 7 mins 48 secs
Works van 9 mins 38 secs :smile:
My second home is Spa @paul jennings