The cup pack and full fat!

can anyone give me a clear answer to what the cup pack is on a 200 please. I keep reading conflicting answers when searching this topic and what is full fat?

Paul

Hi Paul
Yes, red calipers would indicate it has the cup chassis and quicker steering rack.
The Cup 'car' has this chassis also but is also the lighter variant with black side strips, clear headlight inserts and the non-soft touch dash.
The world of Clio ownership is a tad strange and I'm not really fond of the term full fat.
Mine is a deep black non-cup chassis 200, and therefore has things like climate and the black headlight inserts.
Sadly the non-cup chassis isn't overly desirable which is a shame really as it's a more than capable car.

Reactions: paul jennings
IMG_4160.jpg
Hi Paul
Yes, red calipers would indicate it has the cup chassis and quicker steering rack.
The Cup 'car' has this chassis also but is also the lighter variant with black side strips, clear headlight inserts and the non-soft touch dash.
The world of Clio ownership is a tad strange and I'm not really fond of the term full fat.
Mine is a deep black non-cup chassis 200, and therefore has things like climate and the black headlight inserts.
Sadly the non-cup chassis isn't overly desirable which is a shame really as it's a more than capable car.

Thank's for your reply. I really liked the blue one and had a good look at the red calipers as I know some paint them but they looked original with the black decals. During the test drive the Handling was amazing!

Also the albi blue 200 i looked at today had the anthracite pack and red calipers so does that mean it has the cup chassis?

Paul

The anthracite pack refers to the colour on the front bumper insert, standard colour is black.

The anthracite pack refers to the colour on the front bumper insert, standard colour is black.

Ok so the anthracite is a optional extra thought it looked good against the blue and the colour made the fins standout more on the rear diffuser.
The car above it seems has the anthracite option plus the cup chassis.

Iv not seen these alloys before on a 200 normally the speedlines are fitted so don't know if these alloys are standard or part of the anthracite pack? Woundered if they are standard alloys or an upgrade?

Apoligies for all the questions newbie here.

Paul

Last edited:
I think, i'm not 100% but those wheels are part of the cup pack on the later 200's

I think when they changed the strut tops about 2010 these wheels became part of that kit, before that you'd have got these wheels

newquarter3_zpsnql3xxb7.jpg

I think, i'm not 100% but those wheels are part of the cup pack on the later 200's

I think when they changed the strut tops about 2010 these wheels became part of that kit, before that you'd have got these wheels

newquarter3_zpsnql3xxb7.jpg

Is this car an ex clio cup championship car? That will keep you busy for a while ;-)

Those wheels are standard for the 200 - silver for non-cup chassis and anthracite for those spec'd with.

Full fat came about from the mark 2 Clios. When a 182 had the full spec plus Cup suspension, spoiler and splitter it was called a full fat.

As said red calipers - Cup suspension, silver calipers - standard suspension. So a standard Clio can come with standard suspension or has been uprated to Cup suspension. A Clio Cup will have black door mouldings and mirrors with Cup suspension. On the 197 silver alloys - standard suspension, anthracite alloys - Cup suspension. Then the Speedlines alloys were introduced. Recaros, spoilers and splitters are all option extras on any RS Clio.

This is why I bought a R27 as it comes standard with Cup suspension and Recaros plus previous owner also fitted the splitter and Cup spoiler. Win win for me.

Cup chassis = basic car with hard dashboard plastics & no aircon though many had this as an option. Also no key less start. Had quicker steering rack than non cup chassis. "Full fat" = all the mod cons inc climate control. You can get a full fat model with the cup pack that'll have climate control etc. & the quicker steering rack plus lower suspension too which is imho the best option.

Cup chassis = basic car with hard dashboard plastics & no aircon though many had this as an option. Also no key less start. Had quicker steering rack than non cup chassis. "Full fat" = all the mod cons inc climate control. You can get a full fat model with the cup pack that'll have climate control etc. & the quicker steering rack plus lower suspension too which is imho the best option.

So the blue car above you would call a full fat with cup pack.

Paul

With the mark 3 Clios I personally don't use the term Full Fat as there are too many different options especially with the 200. Looking at the blue 200 it's a standard car with Cup suspension, standard wheels and Anthricite paint option (bumper and mirrors). Bet you are even more confused now!

So the blue car above you would call a full fat with cup pack.

Paul
Probably yes, red callipers = cup chassis, though this is obviously an easy change. Those wheels are also correct for a cup chassis as they were originally only available on cup. Obviously these are both easily changed. The basic cup cars without the climate control etc had black rubbing strips as opposed to colour coordinated which also suggests that this is a full fat car with cup pack. I'm liking the fact that it has the anthracite pack, which is the anthracite colour to the bumpers & rear diffuser & is unusual. To me that looks like a nicely specced car.