The build begins - weekend and Track tool

To be honest I found the colour I liked online, sent them a pic and they matched it. I could have given them a specific paint code but I was quite happy them getting close although they nailed what I wanted.

Well pleased with them!!! I've got braided lines to go with them, Carbotech pads and new Brembo discs all round (plus decent brake fluid) so I reckon it'll stop decently now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work.

***Mind your nose.

.....on the windscreen :smile:

Reactions: mannors007
I've replaced the panel filter and OEM setup with a K-Tec induction kit however I am worried about heat from the exhaust. So I've wrapped the rear of it with heat reflective take and plan to fit a carbon bonnet vent to feed the cone nice cool air. The vent is being made in carbon, hopefully will be with me for the weekend

IMG_1903.JPG

IMG_1838.PNG

Also getting the NS-2R's ready for fitting (not being fitted until Tuesday sadly)

IMG_1915.JPG

Also have a Varley red top 15 to fit as well....so this will be a busy weekend!!

Reactions: Sean197
Still bloody busy with work but progress continues. My aim is to get it close to finished over the weekend so this is a minor update for now.

I finally grew a set of balls and put a hole in my bonnet for my carbon air vent. Its a copy of an Evo 6 induction feed vent, except made in actual carbon. Ignore the fact the bonnet looks a bit rough, this is only first cut and fit and the dust is just metal dust from when the hole was cut . Will finish tomorrow but it already looks immense

Vent 1.jpg

Vent 2.jpg

I also finally got the tyres mounted on the wheels, bloody happy with them too

Wheels.jpg

On the downside, I have a hole in my radiator so I'll be fitting a new one tomorrow.

Onwards....

Reactions: Sean197
Wheels are a fantastic colour ! Should look even better fitted :smile:

Looking forward to the vent very much. Obviously going near one of the water jets from the pics.....where exactly ?

Tag me in if you remember please. I'd love to see a frontal shot with the vent fitted.........

Have a good weekend on the car :smile:

Reactions: mannors007
Wheels are a fantastic colour ! Should look even better fitted :smile:

Looking forward to the vent very much. Obviously going near one of the water jets from the pics.....where exactly ?

Tag me in if you remember please. I'd love to see a frontal shot with the vent fitted.........

Have a good weekend on the car :smile:

Actually made a bit of progress tonight. Bit of final fitting tomorrow (and thorough wash obviously - it's filthy) but you get the idea. Placed to feed my KTR Indiction kit
f88d3e03c297b5eff22b3689aa6807ee.jpg

3b136e0efdc70c72cb61af75098af808.jpg

6345ee084146e220600cb3b51c88a21b.jpg

I've fitted a red-top battery to create a bit more room (and save more weight), should also help feed the cold air to the filter cone without all the OEM battery cladding in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk