The 519 197 now with added standalone!

I have every intention of getting ITB's on there at some point, if this step forward with the ECU development via Dan makes it that much easier then im all for it. here's where I find its going to make it really easy and ill kick myself for parting with the ITB's from the Trophy.

I have every intention of getting ITB's on there at some point, if this step forward with the ECU development via Dan makes it that much easier then im all for it. here's where I find its going to make it really easy and ill kick myself for parting with the ITB's from the Trophy.

Yep be nice to see if Dan can come up with a good package for ITB's.Be sods law with the Trophy though.

Yes itbs is the target. Kelv, mk2 hardware wouldn't have fitted anyway so not really a loss.

Will get induction kit and cams finalised first, then trumpets are the order of the day

And me pal i would love to have a bit more out of this car without major changes if i cant get what I want then I will meg it not next year but the year after
:thumbup:
Yeah i was thinking of selling and getting a meg250 but if a good ITB package can be had i could be swayed,Think when all the belts and stuff are due i would want to try something like this.

Danny do you think you could have a package for ITB's for next year?

+1 would like to know myself :thumbsup: and suggested costs

Mark megs a differnt car pal I loved mine great power but never really felt quite as attched to it is I did with the clio but on the flip I want more power already lol :thumbup:

Yes itbs is the target. Kelv, mk2 hardware wouldn't have fitted anyway so not really a loss.

Will get induction kit and cams finalised first, then trumpets are the order of the day

Thats good to hear then Dan.
is there a manifold/hard wear setup available for the 197 to accommodate bodies yet?
realistically how far off are you from conquering an ITB kit? You can have my car to start dummy fitting on if you wish! :wink:

there's nothing worth using that exists off the shelf so far. There are things in the pipeline however. I've fabricated a prototype manifold, and I'm likely to use it for myself. Hopefully there will be some progress with a fairly major manufacturer who's expanding their product range at the moment. I've lent them a 172 head recently to finish off their new kit for that, and had them in looking at 197 bits at the same time. It helps that I do the maintenance on the designers Trophy.......

You might have seen this if you've liked my page on Facebook, but I thought I'd add these here. Some development progress

[video=youtube;25ed3J0oZS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ed3J0oZS4[/video]

Fantastic work danny, much braver than I am… wiring gives me nightmares! Whats the vision with all this then?

Throttle bodies soon. Need to see what improvement I can make on a standard engine. Hoping for better economy, and a much smoother drive than the crappy OE ECU will ever allow. Then cams, then itbs