That was a fun service!

Took my 08 Black 197 in for its second service yesterday and whilst waiting around i ended up trading it in and ordering a new black 200, with a whole host of extras!
Noticed that as standard they come with a lot of gadgets that weren't standard on the 197 which is good, and enabled me to treat the car to a cup chassis, extra tinted rear windows, anthracite exterior pack to blend with the anthracite 5 spokes, the electric folding mirror pack (which i so wish i had on the 197 with parking in my street), the upgrades stereo and bluetooth pack, rear parking sensors (for the wife) plus the diamond glasscoat. Should be here end of Nov beginning Dec.
Apart from the renaultsport website where you can choose the colours there arent many pictures of the black cup chassis 200, anyone know where i can check a few more out?
Just cant wait for it to arrive!

Last edited:
congrats on the new order, you not gone for the Recaro's ?

Well after reading about hassle some of the guys have had on here with recaros in the 197 i didnt see it was worth £850 for the chance the same thing might happen. I really like the standard seats to be honest< comfortable and hold you well.

no xenons though.

Nice! Sounds like an expensive service!

What's the diamond glasscoat? Is it similar to the likes of Supagaurd, Lifeshine etc?

Hahaha, you know, exactly the same thing happened to me a few years ago!

Well done matey, how long you got to wait?

Hahaha, you know, exactly the same thing happened to me a few years ago!

Well done matey, how long you got to wait?

End of Nov start of Dec.

Congrats mate, i got my second service soon. Just hope i don't do something similar! lol

Sounds like you got a great spec there.

Well i went into renault dealers for a service quote (another dealer not so far away quoted £250) well it being a sunday afternoon that part of the dealers where closed so i asked for a quote for a trade in on my 2007 RS 197 for a RS 200 (just curious) well they offered me £9500 for it. And they had a Ultra red 200 coming in mid november for their showroom, the only extras on it was folding/heated mirrors.
But i could have it for my RS 197 plus £7765, interest free credit (so about £215 per month, for 3 years) if i want it on finance.
Told them i,d think about it.
Still loving the 197 though, so gonna wait till new 2010 plate, gives me time to save for those tasty extras ---> RECAROS etc etc
Need to find out about xenons too (not in options???????????????????????????).