That cheap track cam....

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
I bought on of these a few weeks ago: Clicky, and using only the stuff provided with the kit (and obviously a memory card) I secured it to the black clio we own using the little clip it comes with on this bit of the car:

mount.jpg

I put it on that side in case it fell off, hopefully it would roll to the gutter rather than get crushed lol!

Then I started up and left on my 25 mile journey to work. Nothing amazing, just shows the quality of this cheap and cheerful camera. I will try and mount it on the 197 and do a similar rear facing shot at the weekend - just need to find somewhere to mount it/clip it to!

Here is the video (nothing amazing, just a demonstration!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0kLHOediM

8GB card in the camera - this video was 330MB, and when I shrunk it down to 512KB/S in Movie Maker, it was 17MB and was still really good!

I orderd the keyring cam from china a few days or so ago should come soon gr8 quality for the money, I fly model planes and heli so mainly bought it to strap on front for some good views of the Area :tongueout:

Thats great, you've sold it too me :lol:

I'm going to get one to stick to the front grill on trackdays if it's possible.

Mike i have a couple of micro SD card somewhere I got free with old phones. Do you think a better card will help the quality opposed to my freebies ?

You need a certain type of card....Best to get Micro SD Class 6 memory 8GB card...

Something to do with speed and stuff :smile:

From the sound of it I dont think having a properly quick card will help with that camera, they are mainly only needed for taking DSLR photos in bursts. I would give it a go with the one you have.

The camera is great Mike I may have to get one of them for the summer!

I suppose it is worth a try, but you do need a big card to make sure it doesn't run out lol!

And as for you getting one Paul, you'll need it for the ring trip that you ARE coming on :wink: