Terrydb's glacier 200 ff

thought i would start a little thread on here after 8 months here is the link to my cs.net project thread
there is quite a lot that's happen in the time I've had rolo (the cars name ) basically here is a little background on me and the car himself :smile:

Well to start with me im terry 21 years old from essex and ive worked in the motor trade since leaving school i did two years as a mechanic after a while i went off to do car sales for 3 years and since then ive just started as
a service advisor as i love talking to people about there cars and helping them get there problem solved ive been driving since 2010
and my first car was a 1.4 ph3 clio dynamique i absolutely adored this car i loved every minute of owning it but as it was 1.4 insurance wasnt cheap at 17 so after a year i sold her :worried: and bought a new shape corsa i only had this for a year as i went into sales so they gave me a demo car after two years in sales i really missed having my own car
more specifically my old clio after while of not being able to justify a second car my mate bought a 182 so it was set
i needed a clio again so i bought my 172 i bought this as a £500 car with scuffs in the paint busted engine and ripped carpets so me and a guy i use to know set about sorting the engine new belts vales head etc after this i had all the scuffs and dents taken out replaced the car in just general a new car lol but i really loved doing but the car was always wanting for something So i started looking at 200's as i rembered when i first started driving there was a advert for it on tv and the car in the ad was a glacier white 200 with grey wheels red calipers and tints (cup packed ) so i started the hunt for one there was quite a few up north black / liquid yellow etc then by the off chance i was at a local garage when i found mine but this one had a bonus for me it had sat-nav the main thing that was a absolute must was full Renault history so the spec goes like this inc the stuff ive done

bought 2014 with 39k on the clock
*sat-nav
*cup suspension pack
*tinted windows factory
*climate
*keyless
*M.A.D foot rest
*carbon door pillar trims
*black front and rear badge
*rs steering wheel trim
*full Renault history
here is the link to my cliosport.net thread : http://www.cliosport.net/threads/terrydbs-clio-172-gw200.737076/#post-10595572 and here are some pictures of my 172 and 200 p.s the photo's of the 200 are before i put the black badges on as i only did them yesterday D24AF625-8081-461E-BBAE-1F7B8B250157_zpsltooyrym.jpg 91F7ACA9-46E3-43D3-BA0E-300E5BF4867D_zpsnbewduiy.jpg DF4B13DD-BED6-4FCC-958F-8F8D303DCFED_zpsu8sgx8oy.jpg 802C5995-AAF1-48FA-82EC-D54F9ECDF16C_zpsiehmqig3.jpg D23D7A81-B415-40E4-91CE-90544726E281_zps8zoypehd.jpg

Very nice. Your 200 looks very well kept :smile:. You anymore plans for it?

What about the 172, do you still own it?

Thanks Eddie sadly I don't have the 172 anymore I did love that car and in a ideal world I would of had both but hands I love the 200 more it's just well suited me :smile: I'm lucky to have its it was a lady that owned it from new before only thing other then Renault services it had was front springs under warranty nothing else just servicing :smile: my plan with it is to keep it looking like new and just do subtle upgrades I did look at projectors but because the cornering lights will not work unless they was factory specd I leave it its booked for next month to have the alloys stripped and re painted as there's a few chips on them I would like the ktec sprint spoiler and a arka exhaust but I need to save lol

time for a little update this month i having really done that much to the clio since moving all ive really done is just try to keep it clean
before christmas i noted that my wheel bolts were corroded and all rusty so i ordered up a set of polarised wheel bolts i got these last night and got so excited i fitted them straight away the im really pleased with them image_zpsjotwahkt.jpg also i had blacked my front badge a while ago as a temp measure so i bought some black badge Covers for the front and rear on ebay these just adapt over your existing badges so i stripped the paint back to the chrome sadly i dont have picture of these on the car im silly iphone wint let me take anymore pictures but here is one before the front one went on image_zpshz6hrzcd.jpg also i managed to get my pollen filter out to check i had a recent service with renault back in novemeber and it didnt come up so i thought ill just do a check it needed changing and it looked like the orignal one from when the car was new in 2010 so a quick call to renault wolvo and it was sorted top service from the guys there as always :smile: more soon Terry

Glad you finally got the bolts Terry. We had a nightmare with TPI on this one as you know so apologies for that again. They do look great on the car :smile:

Glad you finally got the bolts Terry. We had a nightmare with TPI on this one as you know so apologies for that again. They do look great on the car :smile:
thanks mate no worries thankyou for helping me get it sorted i really appreciate it and they look really well on the car i dont think the picture does them justice to be honest :smile:

Finally got a decent memory phone this weekend so here are a few pictures of how the car is as of today with the badges and new wheel bolts FE3D814F-6B51-4FAF-91EB-1CD1C8474EDB_zpsj69av75j.jpg A935036B-B5BC-4227-A7A4-4B706BEECD96_zpsroswav6t.jpg
80AB774C-C2AE-4E9F-8E15-F517AF9B5E68_zpsg254fkzy.jpg 2AF50642-ADF0-48B7-A3D2-062846D4CE5F_zpsu6eqrfgp.jpg

lovely

where did you get the bolts from, just what I'm after.

Not a fan of the usual star head they usually come with

Another week a few more bits to update on took my cousins Clio in to work this week for a few bits and pieces to do on it whilst it was in I collected some parts from Renault round the corner from work basically last year when I wrapped the door pillars I put a very small dent in one so I replaced that and got some new arch clips also got a new rear wiper sadly no pictures for these how ever
I was looking for a whiter look for my headlights I had Phipps xtreme visions in them good but I wanted it white so I got some Osram night breakers in with some led sidelights I'm really pleased with them now they look a lot better E9501C0A-F63C-4CAD-915E-73E8F36A07EC_zpsctwtxhfd.jpg 78F88725-51BF-445A-A035-876174040B91_zpswud4k2sg.jpg the lights don't look best there but in the flesh they really are next was the big stuff last month I booked the Clio to get all 4 wheels powder coated and repainted in oem cup chassis colour as mine where pealing and the laquer was rubbish so yesterday I went to see the guys at ultimate alloys in wickford I was so impressed with them 6B98682B-68ED-4A06-AB9D-203FB33296FC_zpsos8f3bc9.jpg one of the alloys cooling down before tyres are refitted and balanced 288A8D35-1CAC-4380-81AF-923C5319FF18_zpspmci6wo3.jpg the finished product after yesterday I also had the car booked with chips away nothing major on the car it's just there was a slight mark on the rear bumper it's always been there but I thought I might aswell get it done B608E996-E56B-4720-A3AF-D79022EB70C0_zpsrnu42nuv.jpg looks spot on more soon

Last edited:
Nice work bud, looking good :smile: you'd recommend chipsaway then? Do they charge much? Got quite a few marks that need sorting on mine!

So bit of a update here the other week I ran in to a bit of a diaster when it come to my rear callipers all the paint was peeling off of them and it really bugged me so I set about painting them tbh when they was still wet they looked ok but the pint just would not settle it turned out rubbish 22099969-2BD9-451C-BDAF-F0D08CF0CE5E_zpsss4xzdn5.jpg that picture was taking during but I decided to grease the pads while I was there I'm glad I did as when I pulled the calipers of one was seized and the other the seal had spilt so I planned on rebuilding them but as I needed the car as my daily I decided to get a pair already rebuilt while this was going on thought I will put a fresh set of pads on the car as the old ones where the original set from 2010 I always got in touch with opie oils and bought some gearbox oil to change as well I went for Fuchs Titan 484E5C8C-EBD2-4AF6-8B28-4653C0DF3E91_zpsadqhedv1.jpg late Wednesday night I took the car over to my friends so we could set about putting the new callipers on fresh pads and gearbox oil sadly no pictures on the oil from the box however it was ok no metal in there or any crap I know the 3rd gear had been fixed in my car before I bought it as its common on 197/200's but I wanted the box oil changed for peace of mind and to improve the feel from the box I've only driven the car 20miles since I did this but my word it feels a lot better to compare it to before it's like the old oil was glue sticky to get in to gears early on but now it's easy to use on cold start slips straight in to gear and from 3rd upwards light to change aswell :smile: defiantly recommend changing it to anyone as for my rebuilt callipers there was a few little marks i touched up on them overall they are good condition but I'm kind of ocd opinions on these guys would be great I think they look good I just think I want that brand new look anyways here are shots of the new callipers on the car and some pictures after I clayed snow foamed and waxed him today 0895604F-5153-4975-A279-720DB5978AA6_zpszymhextu.jpg D0F7C39B-0E68-4AF7-A3DC-304C47AFA8E7_zpsuh4tisd7.jpg 4471FC72-5F3A-407F-BE7E-950AC73050BE_zpsgjuin9hd.jpg 9E06349B-81FC-4978-9733-722265A745B4_zpsogl4oat7.jpg

Looks great!

Guna do my gearbox oil soon... Had a recomendation for motul, but have fuchs engine oil in though and im satisfied with it. DUno which to go for. Is it just 1L you needed?

Thanks :smile: I bought 3 bottles for mine 1l each I used 2 in mine because of the way I had jacked when I dropped it down I topped it up till it run out I flushed the old stuff through first aswell I did open the but I still have more then half left