Swapping Recaros to standard seats and airbag lights?

That's because the seat looms are different and you can either bodge it with a resistor or pop to dealer and get them to reconfigure the airbag comp. They are same mate and do fit. I can't wait to get some recaros on mine in the near future. Then show you guys some gorgeous harnesses!!

That's because the seat looms are different and you can either bodge it with a resistor or pop to dealer and get them to reconfigure the airbag comp. They are same mate and do fit. I can't wait to get some recaros on mine in the near future. Then show you guys some gorgeous harnesses!!

Awesome. I really want harnesses for the trackdays. Not sure where to fix 'em to though. No ISOFIX bar in the Cup.

Just get eyelets for them and bolt through them where rear seat belt buckles are bolted down :wink:

Thanks for the replies :thumbsup:

In theory, the side airbag on the Recaro and the standard seat could well be the same resistance, so would be just a case of connecting the wires up (in the correct polarity of course!)

Not bothered about the seatbelt light/bleep, i've already disconnected that under the seat as its annoying, it was only two wires to where the seatbelt clips in. The car needed to see an open circuit when the car was moving, pulling the plug apart does it, easy! :bounce:

Whats this about :

The recaro doesnt have this? Have the oem seats got another sensor i wasnt aware of?

I dont know it safe or unsafe connecting the wires for recaro side airbag to the standard seat side airbag, so I did not connet the wires for the standard seat side airbag to the recaro's when I swapped.(connected resisters)

I dont know if the seatbelt wires are only for the seatbelt light/beep or they have other functions. If they are only for the light/beep, pulling the plug apart is OK.

I am sorry that I have never seen recaro's seat position sensor. The seat position sensor for standard driver's seat is used to controll driver's front airbag ,so I imagined it must be equipped on recaro driver's seat too.

Here is a photo of the seat position sensor attached to the seat rail (standard seat).
ebayrecaro05.jpg